Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I checked the fuses. I will check them again. It's odd that the power locks don't work at all but only the driver side window won't work. Also, how long do you need to drive the truck before it resets itself. I would say I drove it about 2 hours or so. Do I need to start looking at the switch in the door.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I checked the fuses. I will check them again. It's odd that the power locks don't work at all but only the driver side window won't work. Also, how long do you need to drive the truck before it resets itself. I would say I drove it about 2 hours or so. Do I need to start looking at the switch in the door.
You might STILL be having problems that the BCM doesn't like...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You might STILL be having problems that the BCM doesn't like...
Do you think it could be the hot wire going to the circulation switch I tapped into for the accy power to the radio? I don't think so because the radio is still working the way it is supposed to and it didn't affect the circulation switch either. If it was the switch on the door would the other windows still work?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you think it could be the hot wire going to the circulation switch I tapped into for the accy power to the radio? I don't think so because the radio is still working the way it is supposed to and it didn't affect the circulation switch either. If it was the switch on the door would the other windows still work?
The BCM will disable the driver window and locks as a way to inform the driver of an issue... Irregular voltage drawn from a BCM controlled circuit will send the BCM into a "protect" mode to keep it from damage... Your radio may still work but your BCM may shut down other things to let you know... Why not spend the $ on a harness adapter for an aftermarket stereo? It may cost $, but at least you'll save yourself the trouble

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The BCM will disable the driver window and locks as a way to inform the driver of an issue... Irregular voltage drawn from a BCM controlled circuit will send the BCM into a "protect" mode to keep it from damage... Your radio may still work but your BCM may shut down other things to let you know... Why not spend the $ on a harness adapter for an aftermarket stereo? It may cost $, but at least you'll save yourself the trouble
Yeak, I guess I'm going to end up doing that. It's not the $$ that's preventing me. The problem is it gets dark so damn early now and it's so [email protected]#kin cold in NJ right now and I want this done but I just don't have a lot of tome. Thanks for the replies though:salute:.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
same exact thing happend to me I unhooked the battery for several hours and it didnt fix it. it only took turning the truck on and off about 4 times before it reset.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
im having this problem as of right now. i have disconnected the battery and checked the window switch. i have no aftermarket radio or anything. i have done nothing irregular lately either. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same issue with my 05 after the battery died over the weekend. Got a jump from a friend and drove her for a couple hours to recharge battery. Drivers window & power door lock will not work. When I hit the unlock side of power door lock button the chimes chime a few times but, nothing else. Unhooked the neg. battery cable overnight then tried again. Have turned off & on several times and checked the fuses but still nothing. Called dealership & I cannot afford what they are asking for BCM. Would go ahead & get a used BCM from my buddies salvage yard if I was sure that would fix it. Can't understand why dead battery(charged now) would f my window & lock up. Anyone know where the BCM is located? Read somewhere that it is behind passenger side kickpanel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Same thing on my 05. I reset it before by disconnecting the battery then turn the key to ON like 10 times and it worked

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Has anyone bought a bcm to resolve the problem and actually fixed it.I have done everything that I have read and still not working.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine did the same thing after I installed my radio. It took about a week to reset and it's been fine ever since.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
My truck sat for three days,during that time my battery ran down.I left my tom tom and radar detector on,and ipod.It would just click when I try to start it.Jumped off last weekend and have gone 48 hrs with the negative and positive cables unhooked,and still not resetting/working.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts