Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 GMC Canyon 2wd 3.5l. I have the lift kit and I was wondering if anyone had info on the spacers for the front shocks, specifically how you’re able to fit the shocks with the spacer installed because I tried and I did not have any threads left so I wonder if I need to do this. Or just crank the torsion bars and not worry about the shock spacers.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Is your truck a z71?

The shock spacers are not really necessary

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looks like the kit comes with longer bolts. They're still not long enough? GregDAP is correct. Unless you crank the torsion bars up too much and the shocks can't extend enough.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
If its 2wd with torsion bars then it's a z71...

Or a special order fleet truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh sorry never got a sure enough answer on what z71 is and what it’s not but okay. Yeah the longer bolts they provide are for the rear shocks. Nothing for the front but the spacers and the shocks themselves have the stud that bolts to the frame which are not long enough if I were to put the spacers. But I’m just going to lift it without the spacers and see what happens or if anyone can tell me it is needed on here then I’ll add them. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Inside the clove compartment door there's a decal with lots of numbers on it. I think on the bottom left corner it will say either "Z85" or "Z71" If not, you can google the vin number and get all the information you would ever want.
Good luck and hope you get it looking just like you want it.
And yes, take it to a good front end place to get the front end alignment done. I cranked up my torsion bars just a little and didn't get the alignment done and my new tires starting wearing very quickly on the outside edges.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Oh sorry never got a sure enough answer on what z71 is and what it’s not but okay. Yeah the longer bolts they provide are for the rear shocks. Nothing for the front but the spacers and the shocks themselves have the stud that bolts to the frame which are not long enough if I were to put the spacers. But I’m just going to lift it without the spacers and see what happens or if anyone can tell me it is needed on here then I’ll add them. Thanks guys.
Not really needed for the front, however if you lift the rear more than 2 inches longer shocks or extensions for the stock shocks are recommended

1 - 9 of 9 Posts