Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of fuel hostage -12 offset 4.5 bs and a set of Goodyear duratracs 265/70/17 tires. I'm getting a ready lift installed Tuesday 2.5 front 1.5 rear. My question is will I still rub with that set up?! All this is going on a 08 z71 crew cab Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I am running the same size Duratrac tires, with a torsion bar crank up front and shackles in the back, I also done the 1 inch hockey puck body lift (dont think that matters for this) and I have a custom bumper, so I dont know if your air damn on the bottom of the bumper will need trimming, but I have plenty of room. here it is sitting next to a stock Z71

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok thanks I'm hoping it will work I'm thinking it will but I put them on without the lift and there's no way i can run it without lift and I'm hoping that small of a lift will work what is your backspacing on your rims Excaliber and I love that front bumper. Did you scrub any with your stock bumper?

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I never ran those tires with the stock front bumper, my wheels are 17x8 with 35cb backspacing, (5.88 inch)

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Ok thanks I'm hoping it will work I'm thinking it will but I put them on without the lift and there's no way i can run it without lift and I'm hoping that small of a lift will work what is your backspacing on your rims Excaliber and I love that front bumper. Did you scrub any with your stock bumper?
What doesn't fit about the setup on stock height?

The tire is only an inch taller than stock. I fit that size on a level Z85. It was crammed in there, but it fit. I've since lifted it a little more.

I have a different wheel offset -perhaps that's why it wasn't fitting?
My wheels are 8.5" and +18mm offset. I'm inward a lot further than you are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah my wheels are -12 4.5 bs I thought it would fit no problem but boy was I wrong.. It hits rear of front fender and front bumper with not much turning radius

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they're 4.5 bs because I knew better than to go below 4.5. The -18 offset I wanted were 3.75 so that's why I didn't get them.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Offset is relative to the width of the wheel.

-12 mm offset is 4.5 inches of backspace on a 9 inch wide wheel. The wheels mototruck is using are 17x9

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brand Fuel
Model Hostage
Finish Black
Size 17 x 9
Part Number D53117909845
Boltpattern(s) 6x135 6x5.5
Offset -12
Hub Bore 106.4
Backspacing 4.5
Load Rating 3500

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
That's what I got ^^ I'm just hoping the ready lift will help me clear
It will help. If it's rubbing plastic it can always be trimmed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it's rubbing front and back on the front. I know I'll have to take off my lower valance and probably trim a little on the front but it's rubbing my flares on the front too so either way I turn I got rubbing so idk how I could trim that part

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
I'm wondering if your suspension has sagged a bit. 265 70R17 is the stock size for 2009-2012 z71s which are only about an inch higher than 2004-2008 z71s. .. anyway good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah that's what's got me so confused I'm guessing the offset or something.. You think the ready lift will help the sag? (If that's the problem)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts