Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well make a long story short I kissed a curb with the passenger rear tire. The steering wheel is the only noticeable issue off center to the right a 1/2". No vibes, had a tire shop put it on their rack, said the housing is tweaked with the wheel cocked inward 5 degrees and 0 thrust on left side. Anyone ever had luck having a housing straightened or should I start my rear axle search now?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What does tweaked mean? What housing needs straightened?

Is the truck shifted on the axle or is something bent?

Or is it something that you can correct by loosening the hardware on the axle and measuring to center the axle?

Or is your axle bent, in which case you need a new axle. Remember, the axle is the driving mechanism from the differential to the wheel. You can't see that, all you see is the axle tube which is less likely to have bent. The axle can be slid out and replaced easily (had it done on another truck).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that's what I'm thinking this pos shop doesn't know what they're doing. To me it has to be the flange on the shaft that's tweaked not the housing.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Then go someplace else and get better info. With the info you provided, the internet can't help you.

Or go back to ask them what they mean......

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
if the axle was bent inside the tube would it be safe to say that you would hear some sort of noise or feel some sort of vibration or wobble coming from the rear?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Then go someplace else and get better info. With the info you provided, the internet can't help you."

Steering wheel off center 1/2", no vibes, left rear wheel @ 0 thrust and right rear wheel cocked inward 5 degrees. Maybe you just can't comprehend the given information. If your other 3404 post were as a pampas ass, I'd say you're on your way to Supreme Pampas Ass status.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
If your right wheel is not wobbling, you bent the housing at the center (pumpkin). I've never heard of one being straightened, but it might be possible. Probably best to contact a body shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts