Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a rear bump stop. The old one fell off. Online I have found two part numbers 15163532 and 15163529. The one that fell off looks like 15163532. But, are they interchangeable? The both seem to be for 1st gen, but I don't know why they are different. Is one better than the other?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
It looks like 15163529 is for 2wd (mounted inside frame rail). 15163532 would be for 4wd (mounted on bottom of frame rail). Are they interchangeable? Don't know.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Might be more money than you want to spend, but has additional advantages....I installed this kit on my truck years ago and have been very pleased with the results. It replaces the OEM bump stops and functions as helper springs.
Timbren SES Suspension Enhancement System
Very easy installation, here is what it looks like installed on my '10 Canyon Z71 4X4:
Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Nice, but I don't need helper springs as I don't care anything heavy. Not to mention the coast ~$300 vs ~$20.
I think I saved the OEM bump stops I took off, but I am pretty sure I then threw them away when I sold my house and was cleaning out the shed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, your camper might need it. I don't think my mountain bike is that heavy though. :) I did email ACDelco and ask them about it. Maybe there is a replacement part for the original one.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Yeah, your camper might need it. I don't think my mountain bike is that heavy though. :) I did email ACDelco and ask them about it. Maybe there is a replacement part for the original one.
While the Timbren kit allowed my truck to handle the tongue weight of the camper just fine, the truck itself wasn't heavy enough to control the trailer comfortably. So, I bought a Suburban, which had no trouble at all controlling the trailer.
Ironically, I still own both the Canyon and the Suburban but sold the camper years ago.

Wouldn't hurt for you to stop by your local GM dealer parts department. Sometimes they can find parts in their network that are unobtainium elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I bought these from energy suspension when my rear stops fell off, sorry no pictures. A little expensive now, I think I pad 79.99 at Advance auto Parts when I bought mine about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard back from AC Delco. They no longer make part 15163532. It has been discontinued and there is no alternative for it. That explains why I am having a hard time finding it. Does anyone no of a reasonable costing replacement part that will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts