Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was talking to ZQ8 about drive shafts and looked under my truck to pull the number only to discover that i had a line hangin down from my rear diff. Any ideads? Its a G80 rear end, the line is about 1.5 feet long and one end is clamped to the upper top edge of the diff and on the other end is a plastic clip and a piec on the end that is white and is round. Is this just some type of blow off valve that has simply had the clip pop out of the body? PLease help...arrggg

Z

·
0 Posts
check the frame around the diff. There is probably a clip there.

Plus your truck is lifted over stock right?? You may have flexed the wrong way and popped it off. And of course its gonna give at its weakest mounting point.

Solution(assuming its the breather) is a universal breather extension kit.

get pics please.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...im pretty sure that is what the issue is. From what i have seen on other trucks it looks just about right. Plus its the only thing that makes sense at this point. there no fluid everywhere and there reall are any other hoses coming out of the diff. Im just gonna zip tie it as high as i can so its not in the way...and I guess I know what my new mod is going to be this weekend. :) New extension.

Z

·
0 Posts
There is a reason you don't have fluid coming out of that breather. If you check the diff cover there should be a plug with a 3/8" hole. Thats a filler hole and the fluid only stays around that level.(probably because fluid expands as it heats in the diff). That breather is to avoid the build up of pressure and avoid water getting in and causing hell.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres pics. You can also see how close it came to the shaft, and the diffrence in color.

Attachments

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool...thanks for the help bro. Im just gonna go zip tie it to the gas tank mount for now so that it stay out of the way of the shaft and ill figure out where its suppose to go this weekend. woohoo... glad we were talking about shafts... wouldnt of noticed this for a few days...and then i really could have had problems.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
relocated. zip tied to brake line behind gas tank.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts