Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on change my rear 3.42 for a kit of 3.73 i bougth use from a member here last year. I.m looking to buy a complete bearing kit and shim to install properly and ligth rebuilt in same time the diff are at 220 000km at this time. So its good deal to complete that in same time!.

But for the g80. If it possible to rebuilt? Like change the clutch or other that? If its a good idea?
Its one of my friend who install the setup. He work alot on semi truck diff and some pickup for is fun
. And say to me in same time change the clutch on it most clutch diff its possible to buy a rebuilt kit.

Its true? I didnt find any rebuilt kit in my little research this afternoon.

need your opinion!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
3.42 to 3.73 wont be very noticed, and quite a bit of money to do it.

me i wouldnt do 3.73.... i'd do 4:11 to at least appreciate the 500+ dollars to do a ratio swap

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The gears just cost him shipping. They were my old ones. The g80 is a clutch style posi isn't it? I'd say there's rebuild kits to change them out.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So nothing to change to make it better? Is work very good but in same time to change the gear and pinion they cost me 50$. And bearing didnt cost alot money.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on rockauto skf made master kit for the 8.0gear, that look complete if it good?

if the bearing are same size for 3.42 and 3.73?

i read the volvo tread and look any part need to change if is not broke or destroy, thank for that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts