Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i'm getting 3" drop leafs and 1" blocks so does anybody know of a part number for a pair of shocks that'll work with this combo, or do you think the stock shocks will be fine?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
most of the shocks that were out were made for blocks. the new street performance ones are specifically for drop leafs

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
I would be surprised if that’s 100% true. Why would belltech make shocks that were designed for leafs now when they have been selling leafs and shocks for years. If anything I would bet that since BT acquired KW Suspension that they are currently dropping there shock supplier and are now making there shocks thru there sister company KW. They changed the name and description to sell more shocks.

Now I’m not saying anything bad about the new shocks since I haven’t tried them or checked them out up close. But I can tell you my rear shocks that came with my coilovers are bad ass. They were ALOT shorter and rebound and damping adjustable. When I ordered the nitro active shocks from belltech I expected them to be shorter and they weren’t. They were only a ¼ inch shorter.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Now I’m not saying anything bad about the new shocks since I haven’t tried them or checked them out up close. But I can tell you my rear shocks that came with my coilovers are bad ass. They were ALOT shorter and rebound and damping adjustable. When I ordered the nitro active shocks from belltech I expected them to be shorter and they weren’t. They were only a ¼ inch shorter.

why are you running nitro active shocks and not the ones that came with the coilovers? what are those named?

edit: nevermind, I missread.

so your new shocks are a lot shorter than stock but the nitro actives were not?

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
why are you running nitro active shocks and not the ones that came with the coilovers? what are those named?
Im not running them. I had those before i bought the coilover kit. handgunner has my nitro active shocks on his truck now. As far as I know you can not buy the adjustable ones seprate from the coilover kit. Its a shame too because they are really nice and well made.

edit- The nitro active shocks were 1/4 inch shorter than the factory zq8 shocks and the adjustable ones were WAY shorter than the nitro active shocks. I actuley had to jack the leaf up about 2" to get the shock to bolt onto the leaf plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts