Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
i dunno if you can just plug it right in, i took one out of a tahoe one time to put in a hardbody but i had to take the whole computer thing that it hooks up to off of the tahoe as well.... :shrug:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i dont see why you couldnt wire one up. might be a pita but i think it would be worth it. i ran my overhead console (6 wires) and that took maybe an hour tops and that was mostly just figuring out what wire to splice into off the bcm.

theres a member on here or the other site that has a compass in his overhead and if i recall right he said it wasnt too bad to wire up. should be the same process.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
from my understanding these mirrors in most cases are made by gentex and mostly all the same. the vehicle wiring may differ from one to the next and you might have to figure what color does what. I am currently looking to do something with a overhead console that has map lights so I can go to a rearview mirror w/ temp, comp and auto dimmer. My truck has map lights and I dont want to lose them. I found that a ford escape has the perfect little overhead console if I can find one that has dome lights and a sunglass holder.
The rearview mirror with comp/ temp/ auto dimming and lights is about 300 bucks.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
I have Onstar but it if the Envoy has Onstar with compass and temp thats awesome hopefully it is just a plug n go swap the plugs are on the rear on the rear view

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
it should fit, you'll always have to do some wiring to get any of them to work though.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
from my understanding these mirrors in most cases are made by gentex and mostly all the same. the vehicle wiring may differ from one to the next and you might have to figure what color does what. I am currently looking to do something with a overhead console that has map lights so I can go to a rearview mirror w/ temp, comp and auto dimmer. My truck has map lights and I dont want to lose them. I found that a ford escape has the perfect little overhead console if I can find one that has dome lights and a sunglass holder.
The rearview mirror with comp/ temp/ auto dimming and lights is about 300 bucks.

sorry to jack the thread but this console has both the map lights and sunglasses holder. the display however is just a clock. its out of a subaru forester 98-01 i believe. any q's PM me.

back to mirrors people...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts