Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FedEx delivered the lifts late today (thanks again HK Titan for the group buy assistance) and I'm just doing a little preliminary mock-up per the instructions. Measured 11 1/4" and marked but when I center the ball mount with the mark, one of the rivet holes is over the hole in the fender flange.....no meat/metal for that rivet to grab. Moving the ball mount toward the rear 1/2" seems to solve the problem. Do some years have the hole in the fender flange and some years don't?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, I knocked a 1/2" off both measurements in the instructions. Install went easy/ended up perfect.....now have one handed hood up/down and the hood opens 3"-4" further than with the prop rod.:th_woot::th_woot::th_woot:

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
What i did was center the ball stud over the opening area and install it there.
I agree with James it is indeed one of the best mods you can make. Can't count the number of times I hit my head on that rod when working under the hood. Had mine since 2010 and they still work great and no shift seal leaking either.

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
yeah I remember having that problem and just moving a bit to clear it. i could email Redline this info. What years have this hole and who doesnt?

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
My 06 had the holes on both sides.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
yeah I remember having that problem and just moving a bit to clear it. i could email Redline this info. What years have this hole and who doesnt?

04 had the hole on both sides

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....so does '09.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Just installed mine an hour ago.

I used M5 stainess button-head Allen screws for the fender brackets instead of the rivets.
Put a large washer under that existing hole..

Nice, nice, nice!

In a month or three when I'm back home I plan to fab a nut-plate to go underneath there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts