1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
I've got them. After ~3 yrs, they're still holding up fairly well. Driver-side has a small leak, nothing major. You will need to brace the fender mounting point. The sheet metal they want you to mount the struts to is very thin in that area.
If you look close, you can see the bracing I used in the photo below.

It's a piece of sliding door track about a foot long

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I have the Elite series since 2010 and they are still working great. My mounting point is double wall and not weak or need bracing.

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
I got them, they're great.

I did a group buy with them maybe 3-5 years ago. I think we had about 20+ members buy them and only complaints were the thin Chevy sheet metal. Can't blame RedLine for that.

All in all, highly recommended.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,872 Posts
I got them, they're great.

I did a group buy with them maybe 3-5 years ago. I think we had about 20+ members buy them and only complaints were the thin Chevy sheet metal. Can't blame RedLine for that.

All in all, highly recommended.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I was part of the group buy but couldn't recall how long ago that was. Mine are holding up just fine. I goofed when I was putting the rivets in and dented my fender with the rivet gun but that's my fault. :lol:

I didn't brace my fender mount and haven't had a problem, though it does flex a bit.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I wonder if we could get another group buy. I've been thinking about doing this as well, since they seem to be holding up maybe more members will show interest.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I was in the group buy a few years ago also, and I don't have anything but praise for them. If/when you go to a mod meet, and you see a bunch of guys working under their hood, you'll notice the damn hood prop is always in their way. Once you get your hood props, you'll wonder why no one else has them.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Mine have been working great, they were installed in early 2011.

I think they're one of the better mods - simple, and the original hood strut is just "tacky", "cheap", etc.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
I've had my Elite Struts since a group buy back in the cfans days. I believe that was around 2006-2007. Still works great and worth the price

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats 5 so far for a group buy..

Anyone else ? (bump)

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,872 Posts
I'll shoot them an email and see what they can offer for a group buy discount.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts