Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 06 Xtreme with a 3.5L with about 75,000 miles on it and I've been having issues with the engine cutting out on me while driving or idling. The first time it did it to me, I scanned it and pulled a code (which I forgot what it was...) but when I researched it, it looked like it had something to do with the PCM. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem as well. It's shut down on me three times already and I just want to make sure I've covered all my basis before I go ahead and order a new PCM for it. Your feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Doc was getting that code when we did the ported throttle body swap, think he had to do a relearn a few times for it to go away. I would start their I guess.

·
Super Moderator
3,621 Posts
Knowing the code would but you can...
Check the harness that goes to the throttle body for damaged wires, check the connection to the throttle body for corrosion or sometimes the module itself goes bad.

Check and clean all the grounds points.

Damaged or fried wires to the pcm

An Overcharging alternator can cause pcm problems as well

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
It's normally the MAP sensor or Throttle position correlations that cause this. I'd focus on those two things without knowing the code I can't point you to which one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've had this problem recently, all the codes I got had to do with the throttle positions sensors (fly by wire, ugh). I haven't had time to check the tb or any wiring

I'll be watching this thread

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I'll look into all of that and once I pull the code I'll let you know. Some of my research has shown that there is a particular PCM model that has gone bad and the things that fail is the TAC (throttle actuator control, TP (throttle position), and the APP (accelerator pedal position). Which is what came up in the past history when I scanned it the first time. They say the problem starts internally in the PCM which is what leads me to believe that the PCM needs to be swapped. But I'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts