Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday coming off a stoplight my truck began to shake and idle very roughly triggering check engine light as well as stabilitrack and reduced power mode, I was able to limp it home where I read the code (P2135) the only code it had brought up, cleared it out, and now I have been driving it as it seems all is normal. I read that the code P2135 can be the throttle position sensor or the whole throttle body itself, I have cleaned the throttle body and MAF many times as well as a nice new air filter. Not sure what it could be but I’d like to fix it as it basically renders my truck useless when that happens. Thank you in advance everyone for the help. By the way, it’s a 2011 2.9

·
Registered
142 Posts
The google machine says that P2135 indicates that the PCM is getting out of spec voltage from the TCM circuit. And the stabilitrak came on. My first guess would be to make sure your battery is strong and with a full charge. Random dash lights can indicate that the system voltage is not consistent. Next thing is check the quality of the connection of your ground packs. Check the connector for the TB as well. Make sure you got it secured correctly last time you cleaned the TB.
I had a similar TCM issue that was the result of the fuse socket for the TCM fuse being loose, creating a poor connection. The reason was because I removed a fuse tap from that socket, and it bent the tabs. Most likely not a problem for you, but I'll share all I know.

Is this issue a one time event so far?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The google machine says that P2135 indicates that the PCM is getting out of spec voltage from the TCM circuit. And the stabilitrak came on. My first guess would be to make sure your battery is strong and with a full charge. Random dash lights can indicate that the system voltage is not consistent. Next thing is check the quality of the connection of your ground packs. Check the connector for the TB as well. Make sure you got it secured correctly last time you cleaned the TB.
I had a similar TCM issue that was the result of the fuse socket for the TCM fuse being loose, creating a poor connection. The reason was because I removed a fuse tap from that socket, and it bent the tabs. Most likely not a problem for you, but I'll share all I know.

Is this issue a one time event so far?
Happened once before over the course of last summer, however this time it seemed a little “stronger” for lack of better terms. Thanks for the knowledge I appreciate it

·
Registered
218 Posts
You might want to try replacing the Powertrain Relay - it provides the power to the PCM and if it gets buggy, it will effect the power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts