Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I have a red '06 Canyon, 5 cylinder crew cab.
My tail light wasn't working because the fuse was burnt out, so I drove to get a fuse (running fine) I put the fuse in and start it up and it's running really rough and will only do about 20km/hr on flat ground. I'm getting a message on the dash: reduced power, traction fault.
I checked out the formus here and tried the simple fixes like disconnecting the battery and I tested the relay. It's good. Not sure what's going on here. Please help!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like the abs wheel speed sensors are bad. Those are located in the front wheel hubs. Quick fix is to remove the abs and traction control fuses until it can be properly fixed. Doing so will light up your dash like a Christmas tree and you'll loose abs and traction control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No break in traction. I was driving relatively civily at the time. The only thing I did was change the fuse for my tail lights. The light is till malfunctioning by the way. I forgot to mention that. The brake and signal work, but the running lights don't. I'm not sure if that's related or just coincidence though. My thought is that it may be grounding out somewhere.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. It continues to run rough even after the engine is warm. I drove approximately 15kms home after it happened and it was just as bad when I arrived.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine did the same thing going down highway and has done it multiple times later going down the road and on start ups. All I dome was let it set for about 10-15 mins and it would reset I guess. But my truck always has traction fault and I just changed my wheel speed sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine doesn't reset even after disconnecting the battery for over an hour. Very frustrating. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna try pulling the abs and traction fuses when I get home.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Try removing the abs fuses. See if your truck runs normally after that. If it does, you have a malfunction in the abs system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Figured it out. When we were trying to figure out my tail light problem we switched the etc fuse to the tail light. I guess it weakened the fuse and when I started the truck it blew while in the etc slot. Now I just need to figure out why I keep blowing tail light fuses.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would blowing your parklight bulbs be the same thing? bc I keep blowing the signal bulbs and they all blink fast even the side that dont have any blown bulbs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My bulbs are fine, just the fuses are blowing. Is there any moisture getting into you lights?

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
Pull the brake switch off the pedal, check for corrosion. that's what caused my fuses to blow

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may have an issue with the bulbs. Have you replace ANY bulbs with led lights. If so, they have a way of screwing things up. You should replace every bulb with lad lights if you replace ANY with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts