Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says, i was giving it a little extra gas when it cut off and the display said reduced power. i pulled over shut it off waited a few minutes and started it and one of the cyliders was misfiring. so i turned off poped the hood and everything was fine. tried to start it again and everything was perfect. wats up with this?

M

·
0 Posts
It could be numerous things. Anything from the battery dying (Yes, that's no shit), to O2 sensors, to bad gas, to a plugged cat. Turbizzy would be the one to talk to about this, but in the mean time, get that bitch to the dealership and get it hooked up to the OBD2.

P

·
0 Posts
yeah one of my buddies now here in AZ just had his cat clear, supposedly it was clogged. :shrug:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i tried taking it but the guys said if they find out it has to do with my intake they will charge me all this shit. so im gonna throw in my stock intake when i get a chance and take it up there

M

·
0 Posts
yea i tried taking it but the guys said if they find out it has to do with my intake they will charge me all this shit. so im gonna throw in my stock intake when i get a chance and take it up there
Dude, it has nothing to do with your intake. What a bunch of asshats.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i kno it... but i read on another forum they told the guy that e was getting to much air which is complete bullshit. an open intake isnt too much air when you can pump 8 psi into a stock engine

M

·
0 Posts
i kno it... but i read on another forum they told the guy that e was getting to much air which is complete bullshit. an open intake isnt too much air when you can pump 8 psi into a stock engine
Uh, yeah.....exactly. Just to be on the safe side, since you're obviously dealing with a bunch of rookies, re-install the stock intake so they don't make up some bullshit and totally void your warranty.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh, yeah.....exactly. Just to be on the safe side, since you're obviously dealing with a bunch of rookies, re-install the stock intake so they don't make up some bullshit and totally void your warranty.
thats what im gonna do friday.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When your misfiring i'd suggest checking your spark plugs...

Do you know how to check em?
i was thinking about doin that. but wouldnt it be misfiring all the time?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Negative... recently my truck just basically crapped out and became the total misfire machine... in other words Idle = misfiring, any rpm = misfiring. But just before that I made a 1.5 hour drive to my grandmas and back and the truck was running flawlessly.

So I pulled the plugs and found 2 chewed up (cyl 3 and 4) and after a replacement of all 5 everything was perfect and the engine was running beautifully and I havent seen a misfire code since the replacement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Eh. :shrug:

One thing I've noticed about these engines is that they're very, very odd...I think it has to do with being coil packed and inline... :shrug:

Sic Graphic's truck ran with a sparkplug not seating...didn't throw any codes, but it ran like shit...I'd change out your plugs, I'll bet the problem goes away.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright, ill try checking the plugs today. it wont hurt to go to the dealer anyway friday since i only have 700 miles left under warrenty

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Eh. :shrug:

One thing I've noticed about these engines is that they're very, very odd...I think it has to do with being coil packed and inline... :shrug:

Sic Graphic's truck ran with a sparkplug not seating...didn't throw any codes, but it ran like shit...I'd change out your plugs, I'll bet the problem goes away.
I agree... mine was still keeping idle even with 2 fucked plugs. Pretty tough little fuckers if ya ask me.

alright, ill try checking the plugs today. it wont hurt to go to the dealer anyway friday since i only have 700 miles left under warrenty
Before you check em get 5 new plugs ready... your not gonna wanna put the messed up ones back in if they are in fact messed up... and if you dont have the parts on hand well your gonna need a ride. Luckily my mother was around when my truck shitted up and she drove me down to the dealer for 5 fresh AC Delco plugs :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright ill probably do that

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just FYi part number for the delco plugs is : 12598004

they list for $9.80 a piece at a dealership... luckily i got them at cost from my friend who works there for $5.44 a piece ;)
alright thanks man

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well guys i changed the plugs and the problem is a whole lot worse now. now its misfiring all the time through all rpm's i give up on it im gonna have to try and drive to the dealer monday.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If it's misfiring worse now you probably didn't get one of the coil packs seated on the plug properly. You may want to go back and check.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it's misfiring worse now you probably didn't get one of the coil packs seated on the plug properly. You may want to go back and check.
im gonna check them all tomorrow, it got too dark to keep working on it. it wouldnt matter if i got the bosch platinums right?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts