Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GMC Canyon 3.5 5speed 4x4. thruck has almost 150 thousand miles. I have gotten in the truck twice and the truck wont start. Just clicks. It'll then say reduced power. i put the jump pack on it and it read 12.5 volts. With the pack on it still wont start. After sitting it'll start and runs fine again. The battery is in it is only a year old. The throttle body and mass airflow have been cleaned with in the past 50 thousand. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Do you have the factory security system in your truck. I know it was an option most buyers ordered but not all. You most likely have it if you have keyless entry. Search passlock and how to disable passlock that's my guess. Factory GM security systems have been giving people trouble for years now.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Next time you get the truck started, take it to a parts store and ask them to load test your battery.

Or do some research for the ground blocks on your truck. You may have a bad ground. The info has been posted numerous times, with photos. You should be able to find a thread for it.

They are mounted to both fenders, but I don't remember where at. One near the battery and one near the air filter box I think.

What is a 'jump pack'

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just used the code scanner and it came up with 6 codes
P0606
P060D
P060E
P0606 pending
P060D pending
P060E pending

I cleared the codes and they weren't listed in the code book.
Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Some info:

I would guess that you either have an issue with the throttle body or in the wire harness/connector (poor connection?).

• P0606 - General fault of PCM.
  • P060D - Throttle actuator control.
  • P060E - Control Module Throttle Position (TP) System Performance

Anyways, that at least narrows it down. Do some search on here and coloradofans for some 355-specific P060x issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So we have the idea of...
1. loose connection.
2. throttle body sensor.
3. throttle actuator.

any other possible causes?

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
I'm reading on other GM vehicles they either replaced the TB or found a bad connection. However, if it were a bad connection it appeared that another CEL came on (P2184 or something like that).

And with the known ground issues on these trucks not sure I could rule that out? But I don't have a schematic in front of me to offer any further assistance.

Do you live near any other 355 members where you can swap TBs for a few min and see if the CEL goes away?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked up several issues and the first thing i did was check connections and with the battery being the start i noticed that the ground cable going from the negative terminal and down to the battery tray was very corroded.i removed it scuffed up the connection point and made a new cable for it. So far cleaning the connection points and remaking the cable fixed it

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
Or do some research for the ground blocks on your truck. You may have a bad ground. The info has been posted numerous times, with photos. You should be able to find a thread for it.

They are mounted to both fenders, but I don't remember where at. One near the battery and one near the air filter box I think.
I'll save you the effort. These are the ground blocks he is taking about. One is right behind the battery and the other it beside the airbox. These two poor connections are also thought to have something to do with the blower fan resistor issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replacing battery terminals and main battery cables are a great idea. I have an 05 colorado 3.5 and had gremlins between 20k and 50k. I would have low idle now and then that would throw a code, sometimes I'd have the no start issue, dim head and interior lights, and other electrical issues. The cure was a brand new battery and brand new aftermarket battery terminals. I built new battery cables myself and soldered the connections. Every time I change my oil I clean the terminals (both the posts of the battery and the cable ends) even if they don't appear to need it. Thanks to whoever posted the grounding pics; my interior fan has been an issue since new and I have never checked those grounds. I'll report my luck with the fan one day this week. I'm replacing my struts for the first time at 171,000. My highway driving has kept my suspension in decent shape don't you agree?!!?! KYB (G2 i think) struts and KYB gas-a-just shocks will be going it this week.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
There is a guy on coloradofans right now having similar problems. So far no resolve, even after some of the electrics, like replacing battery cable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts