Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a bump today on my way to work and in the area in the gauge cluster were it has the miles said "Reduced Power", it wouldn't go past 30 mph, and the engine shook real bad. When I went outside on my first brake to see if I could find anything wrong it ran fine and didn't say it anymore, but the engine light was still on. I got home and let it sit for acouple hours and turned it on and the engine light was off. Any idea what happened??

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Dunno man... sounds wierd. If it's under warrenty i'd take it in and have it scanned or scan it yourself if you have a scanner and see if the code is stored.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
if your next to an autzone go have them do it.. they will do it for free. Sounds like maybe the engine was jolted more than "normal" and it caused the light...

Id have it checked though

·
Registered
61 Posts
i did the same in my s-10 a few years ago, it was a crushed cat converter, but im not sure with these trucks!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yea have the code pulled asap before it erases itself. Usually reduced power mode is either transmission related or something related to emissions controls so you damage anything. Also a bad throttle body will cause reduced power mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that happened to me when i did my filter, the reducer it come with fell off and went into my MAF blocking it somewhat

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well I went to autozone and they scannned it and got the code P2101, with a whole list of things that could possible be wrong with it so I'm gonna take it to the dealership sometime this week.

I did some research on this code and found this "P2101 - Control Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance" I have no idea what that means but I cleaned the throttle body today and will take it for a test drive later, hopefully that was all that was wrong, it was dirty as hell.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know what it was..... it is in your ignition switch fuse.... i pulled the wrong fuse the outher day and it did the same thing. if you look @ your fuse box it is the first row tword you 3rd from the left!!!!! check it! im in the office or I would go out to my truck and tell you exactly which one it was!. I will do it here after while for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts