Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had alot of electrical issues with my truck recently and alot of them were related to the aftermarket alarm/remote start system that are in the truck since I got it back in 2015. Been draining battery and causing no start issues. Im ready to rip the stupid thing out and replace with the OEM system. I don't care about remote start.

I cant seem to find a part number for the simple OEM remote unlock module. Ive got an 09 SLE Canyon.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all

·
Registered
18 Posts
Then you would just have to buy up to 4 keyfobs. Then you can either go to a dealer to have it programmed or have someone with a gm tech 2 do it. People with a expensive snapon scanner can also do this. I would buy 4 keyfobs cause there easy to program when done at the same time. Check Amazon or ebay if you want cheap keyfobs dealer would probably be expensive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Yes it helps.
Thats alot of key fobs. Ha. So I imagine first remove all the aftermarket alarm. Fix all messed up wires from aftermarket alarm then get new ones programed. Is there an OEM "alarm" that needs to be purchased to make the old OEM fobs work?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amazing! I don't know why anyone would put after market in when the OEM stuff is just fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
04colyzq8 another member here seems to have figured out the bcm. He says he can help add factory keyless entry to my truck. I added the factory wires for power windows and locks just need the bcm set up correctly to work. At rhe moment i have aftermarket. I dont like it haha

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can understand the not liking aftermarket. Thing drains my battery after 2-3 days. Makes me nuts.

So you didn’t have factory installed power locks/windows?

Did you just run wire for power and add the motors for windows?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like 8 or 9 wires also power mirrors. Heres the link

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats awesome. Happy you are able to make it happen. Im happy my truck was wired and rear. Now I just gotta untangle this mess of wires everywhere

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice. I wanna install the factory reciever hitch but i dont remember how it mounted up. Like if i have to remove the rear bumper and brackets to install it? I dont have any pictures either

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It’s kind of a reverse bell curve look and about 4 inches wide. I was shocked at how much it can tow

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 2wd is rated at 5,500. Granted I’ve never towed that. Only about 3k. I’ve had way too much weight in the bed before. I’ve got the heavy duty sumo springs so really it was fine but I was in the 1,500lb range. Yikes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts