Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked all over and cant find out how to take the whole fog light off. im replacing them with LED Pods.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Two bolts on top, kinda hard to get to but if you pop out the clips on both sides and take it out of the housing first its easier to get to

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Pop the two push pins on the sides out and unscrew the torx head adjuster screw all the way out andthe light will come out of the housing.

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Front Fog Lamp Replacement

Removal Procedure
  1. Remove the fog lamp bulb and socket.
  2. Remove the two 10mm bolts (1) securing the fog lamp to the fascia.
    Bolt dimension is 0.90 in × 3.70 in × 3.50 in (Hexagon with conical washer, m6x1x20)
  3. Remove the fog lamp (2).

Installation Procedure
  1. Position the fog lamp (2) to the fascia.
  2. Install the fog lamp to fascia bolts (1).
    Tighten the bolts to 2.5 N·m (22 lb in).
  3. Install the fog lamp bulb and socket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly just snapped the entire assembly off. Those top bolts were a pain in the ass. Perfect place to mount pods. Didn't expect it but didn't have to drill any holes or anything. Just unplugged my stock fogs, cut the connector off and soldered the new wires to them so now I can turn them on with my fog button.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here's a video Instagram
Just a tad brighter than my old ones haha

·
Lifetime Member
866 Posts
Do you have the entire fog light assemblies brackets and all.
Are they in good shape?
Do you want to sell them.
Mine came without :>(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Due to extreme frustration that came with trying to unbolt a fog light assembly, I ended up breaking the plastic off that the bolts were connected to. There was no way I could fit my hands in there. Way to small of a space.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I found that if I pop the grill and put a 10 inch extension on a socket, I can get down from above the bumper. Had to buy some replacement bolts and speed nuts from Home depot. Originals were so rusted and had hardly any thread left. Having a granddaughter standing by to hold them up made it easier too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts