Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not keep any old parts from when my lift was installed. What parts will I need to buy to put my truck back to stock? Any info will be greatly appreciated, I will start buying parts as soon as I'm able.

I know stock height spindles will be needed. I'm not sure what else. Also my lift kit will be for sale once my truck is back to stock. Including my wheels and tires. Here's how my truck sits, with the exception of my front tbar crank. That was done after the pic was taken. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1419908433.493252.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
You will need the stock shackles for the rear and front brake lines. You can keep the longer front lines on but when you sell the lift you need to mention to the buyer that they will need to have longer front brake lines made.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
I'm assuming you have the rancho 4 inch lift. You didn't mention which lift you have in the OP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming you have the rancho 4 inch lift. You didn't mention which lift you have in the OP.

Sorry, yes it is the 4" rancho kit. Also has v8 tbars, skyjacker 2.5" aal's, wheels are XD Series Misfits. I believe they're 17x9 with 4.5"bs. They came with my truck when I purchased it. Tires are Goodyear duratracs. 285/70/17. And to eliminate tires rubbing on the upper ball joint I have 1" adapters installed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'll need rear shackles, tbars, front brake lines, spindles, and shocks? + wheels and tires. Anything else I'm missing?

·
Administrator
8,889 Posts
So I'll need rear shackles, tbars, front brake lines, spindles, and shocks? + wheels and tires. Anything else I'm missing?
I'm pretty sure I have a set of stock shackles laying around that I can donate to your cause.

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,947 Posts
Should be able to re-use the v8 bars. Ride might be stiffer vrs stock, tho

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
did you made any change on your spedo? if you adjusted that cause the bigger tires, you may need to recalibrate it back to stock. how about the axles, did you regeared?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you made any change on your spedo? if you adjusted that cause the bigger tires, you may need to recalibrate it back to stock. how about the axles, did you regeared?

No I never recalibrated the speedo. It was never off, and I didn't change the gears.

oh, and just for curiosity, why u are removing the kit?

Cause of a medical issue. I have to lower the truck to stock so I can drive it.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
No I never recalibrated the speedo. It was never off, and I didn't change the gears.
If stock size is 265/70-17, your tires were only about 3.5% larger. Slightly noticeable at highway speeds. You should notice it feeling more peppy after you get back to stock size.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Keep us posted on price too. Don't need the wheels/tires, but may be interested in the lift kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm on my mobile..so I'm not sure where you're located at. If you were in Indiana..I'd have a quick fix for you...I've got a 04 Crewcab 4x4 that I'm wanting to lift and we could take them both to a shop to get everything swapped over. ..lol. i even have new tires and I'd be interested in it all. If i were you. ..I'd look around locally for someone like me who is wanting to lift theirs. ..and have them pay for the labor on both trucks. ..plus give you some money to boot.. good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm on my mobile..so I'm not sure where you're located at. If you were in Indiana..I'd have a quick fix for you...I've got a 04 Crewcab 4x4 that I'm wanting to lift and we could take them both to a shop to get everything swapped over. ..lol. i even have new tires and I'd be interested in it all. If i were you. ..I'd look around locally for someone like me who is wanting to lift theirs. ..and have them pay for the labor on both trucks. ..plus give you some money to boot.. good luck!

I'm just outside Chicago. Where in Indiana are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in East central indiana..but would be willing to travel to any of the reputable shops that are around indianapolis. Mine is a 4x4 tho. ...i never seen if yours was 2x4 or 4x4? Since you're talking about spindles...in afraid yours might not be a 4x4 truck? .....
I'm still new to these 355 trucks...and I've still got the "Z-71 equals 4x4" mentality! I'm not sure when GM started making 2wd Z-71's...or how many different models they're offering 2wd Z-71's in. ...But it's throwing me off?!...lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 4x4. It's a z71 crewcab. However you have an 04. I think there is a difference with the kits. My truck is an 11.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure if there are any 4x4 suspension component differences...between 2004 Colorado Z-71 4x4's and 2011 Colorado Z-71 4x4's...or not? I'm sure that someone with more experience with these trucks can chime in with that answer! . I've lifted alot of my own trucks over the years...but I've been just recently getting acquainted with the Colorado /Canyon offerings. I currently also have an '06 Ex-Cab 2500HD 4x4 Duramax on 35"x12.50"x17" BFG-MT's with some trimming, 3" Keys, Cognito Upper A-Arms, extended shocks & a small block in the rear!

I'd love to set my Colorado up to clear 34"-36" tires too. I would settle with at least being able to clear a set of aggressive 33"s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts