Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else have an issue with the clear coat being scratched way easier than one would think it should? I have a 2019 Z71 Midnight Edition and I keep finding scratches and chips all over it in the clear coat. I’ve had it for 5 months and it 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2020looks like someone rubbed sandpaper across the roof. I’ve only ever hand washed it and I use two buckets for the sponge and I blot dry using clean microfiber towels. On the hood there’s little circles where the clear coat is just gone. Is this a common problem? Is it something GM would fix? Solitaire

·
Registered
275 Posts
Does anyone else have an issue with the clear coat being scratched way easier than one would think it should? I have a 2019 Z71 Midnight Edition and I keep finding scratches and chips all over it in the clear coat. I’ve had it for 5 months and it looks like someone rubbed sandpaper across the roof. I’ve only ever hand washed it and I use two buckets for the sponge and I blot dry using clean microfiber towels. On the hood there’s little circles where the clear coat is just gone. Is this a common problem? Is it something GM would fix?
Are you one of those people that wash your vehicle in bright/direct sunlight ? I hope not because this sounds like what has happened. As a former dealership new car prep employee I was taught NEVER to wash in those conditions. The water that beads on the paint is magnified by the sun and burns the paint. Try to buff it out or use clay bar but you probably will still see the circles in it. The chips sound like improper application. Scratches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts