Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I do not even want to think about the amount of hours I spent working on it.
My buddy was happy when he was done welding since the rest was now my problem.
If I had to pay someone to do everything that we did I doubt I would have pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I'm up in Massachusetts so the salt here is fierce in the winter. I love my '11 Colorado and really want to keep it for a hundred years, but if the frame goes, I'm doomed. Here are some pics.
View attachment 343067 View attachment 343068
Hi Jason, I'm in Mass.as well and had my '05 frame swapped last Dec. Got a rust free one from Texas. Frames are available in Fla. and Texas, only states to get them. Had a shop in Londnderry NH do it. Shop is 'Synergy Auto Labs'.
Great guys there. I've been usig them for many years for several of my cars. Took about month, but well worth it. Every suspension part was replaced and many other things. First time I've had AC in 10 yrs. It's like driving a new truck again. I got my truck new and to replace it would've been around $45G's. Complete job was around $13, not cheap but alot less than $45. The only part not available off the shelf were brake lines, they made them up. Gas tanks are hard to find. Most enerything else I got from the Rock, Rock auto..Check out their shop, spotless. Lot's of high-end cars there but they will do your swap. Check out pic of the car next to the Corvette, that's my Lotus, scary picture. They've taken that apart and put it back together, trucks are easy for them. Suggest calling them, tell them Bondo Bob referred you, they'll know....If you want to call me I can give you a more detailed process of what went thru. If your truck's body isn't rusted save it. PS My frame was wayyyyy worse than yours. 5089547433 Bondo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi Jason, I'm in Mass.as well and had my '05 frame swapped last Dec. Got a rust free one from Texas. Frames are available in Fla. and Texas, only states to get them. Had a shop in Londnderry NH do it. Shop is 'Synergy Auto Labs'.
Great guys there. I've been usig them for many years for several of my cars. Took about month, but well worth it. Every suspension part was replaced and many other things. First time I've had AC in 10 yrs. It's like driving a new truck again. I got my truck new and to replace it would've been around $45G's. Complete job was around $13, not cheap but alot less than $45. The only part not available off the shelf were brake lines, they made them up. Gas tanks are hard to find. Most enerything else I got from the Rock, Rock auto..Check out their shop, spotless. Lot's of high-end cars there but they will do your swap. Check out pic of the car next to the Corvette, that's my Lotus, scary picture. They've taken that apart and put it back together, trucks are easy for them. Suggest calling them, tell them Bondo Bob referred you, they'll know....If you want to call me I can give you a more detailed process of what went thru. If your truck's body isn't rusted save it. PS My frame was wayyyyy worse than yours. 5089547433 Bondo
I have reached out to them. Let me see what they can do! Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have reached out to them. Let me see what they can do! Thank you.
Good to hear you contacted them. Jason is very sharp as well as Joe. Hope everything goes well. Keep me up informed.
I'm taking one of my cars up there shortly. I did the chassis search myself. Googled them, found a place in TX, forget the name, I'll find it. Located a truck on their site, put a deposit on it, once they removed it from the truck and verified it was clean, paid balance. Got a shipper, I'll find name, had it shipped. Shipper will ask weight, it's about 450Lbs. Chassis was $600. and shipping was $1200. Bob

21 - 24 of 24 Posts