Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, stop at the bank, got back in, turned the key to start, nothing and no gas gage reading and power reduced info. Scanner read PO606, PO60D & PO60E
Today, replace the PCM/ECM and TBS
Engine cranks over, no start.
Code PO315 and SERV 4WD came on,
Replace Crankshaft position sensor.
Still the same.
05 Chevrolet Colorado 3.5l 336,750 miles
Please help, need to get to work 馃檪,
Thank you

Registered
All the P060x codes relate to PCM programming problems, but an interesting one is the 60E code which is throttle body performance, noting we "drive by wire" from our accelerator pedal. The 60D code is not defined in the '05 service manual - another interesting point. However you replaced the PCM and the TBS, so all of this should have gone away.

The P0315 indicates crankshaft relearn process hasn't been done, which is expected with a new PCM, and required when you replace the crank position sensor, but that shouldn't keep it from starting unless you have a bad crank sensor (new ones are known to be bad). Did you get a correctly programmed PCM for your truck?

I think we need to go back to some basics - is your battery good? Are your grounds good? Are the connections to the PCM good? Are your ignition relays and fuses good? Maybe the "run" power is not getting activated by the ignition switch/BCM.

Registered
2004 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4WD I5 3.5L
Yesterday, stop at the bank, got back in, turned the key to start, nothing and no gas gage reading and power reduced info. Scanner read PO606, PO60D & PO60E
Today, replace the PCM/ECM and TBS
Engine cranks over, no start.
Code PO315 and SERV 4WD came on,
Replace Crankshaft position sensor.
Still the same.
05 Chevrolet Colorado 3.5l 336,750 miles
Please help, need to get to work 馃檪,
Thank you
Did you do the security relearn? I was looking on a site to send in my pcm to have it tuned, I believe it's called pcmofnc and they said if you put a new pcm in and it wont start you need to do a security relearn. They have the process on their website. I will try to get it and post it for you

Registered
2004 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4WD I5 3.5L
Did you do the security relearn? I was looking on a site to send in my pcm to have it tuned, I believe it's called pcmofnc and they said if you put a new pcm in and it wont start you need to do a security relearn. They have the process on their website. I will try to get it and post it for you
Here it is

Security Relearn Procedure
If the car does not start after installing the PCM, perform the security relearn procedure:

After installing the PCM, most of the time you will need to perform a Security Relearn Procedure. This can be done at your home and requires no tools. If your vehicle starts after installing the PCM, you do NOT need to do it.
  1. Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.
  2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.
  3. Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)
  4. Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.
  5. When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.
  6. Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.
NOTE: Since this is a fairly long procedure (35 minutes) I would limit all electrical sources, such as shutting off headlights and AC fans to prevent discharge of battery. It is safe to wait longer than the allotted times above, but it is not safe to wait less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts