Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a new bcm on ebay or amazon and i am wondering if I just plug it in will it work or do I have to get it programmed? Also does it matter if I get one from an 05 since I have an 04? One says 04 for $100 the other says 05-06 for $80

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! I called the dealership and it is $100 to get it programmed. He asked if I was buying a reman or used because they are vin specific. Should I spend the extra to get a reman or just make sure the used one has the same options as mine?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front blinkers, driver window, both door locks, abs, airbag and drls not working so I figured the bcm is involved with them all in some way. I tried the reset and it won't do anything. The window was working on and off for about a week until I tried to reset the bcm by unhooking the battery and now it doesn't work at all

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Suggestion: Try cleaning/checking the two ground points in the engine bay. Easy and free. They are actually splice packs, containing several ground wires, in small black plastic boxes. One is on the right fender wall behind the air filter housing and the other is on the left fender wall outboard of the Brake Control Module (which is outboard of the master cylinder). Remove the single attach bolt and clean the mating surfaces on the fender wall and the tab on the box. If you feel that you have the capability, you can pry open the boxes and check the wires/pins for security and corrosion.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cart is right,this is the first thing that should be done to these trucks after you buy them! It can cure lots of problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The battery is about 2 or 2.5 years old. I will check the grounds and look into a new battery. I remember not being able to find the exact battery I needed locally when I was going to get the battery last time so maybe that is part of it too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts