Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to start on the resonator box delete mod, my only question is:
What is the little hose line coming of the right front side of the resonator box, and whàt do I do with it when I take the box out?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I'm just about to start on the resonator box delete mod, my only question is:
What is the little hose line coming of the right front side of the resonator box, and whàt do I do with it when I take the box out?
Goes to your fuel pressure regulator on the 2004's and 05's.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Goes to your fuel pressure regulator on the 2004's and 05's.
So what do you do with it if you delete the resonator?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know what to do with it when you delete the resonator, but when installing the K&N cold air intake, there is a bung in the tube to install that line. I might suggest to some how do something similar to the line.
That's just my two cents...

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
When I had my home made intake, I made a place for it to run in to the intake tube.
I just tried to copy where they went on a K&N.

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I had my home made intake, I made a place for it to run in to the intake tube.
I just tried to copy where they went on a K&N.
thats exactly what I did. I took the piece of pipe I was going to use, bought a little piece of hose from autozone, bought a little threaded oulet thing for the hose to slide on and stay (forgot what the darn thing is called), and put it all together. Works fine

·
Registered
376 Posts
thats exactly what I did. I took the piece of pipe I was going to use, bought a little piece of hose from autozone, bought a little threaded oulet thing for the hose to slide on and stay (forgot what the darn thing is called), and put it all together. Works fine
I believe its called a hose barb. I picked one up at Lowes, as well as another one for the crank case vent. Get a fuel hose from advanced auto. Also, when I screwed in the barbs I put some epoxy on the threads to seal it up nice.

Like this:

Painted blue:

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Gets rid of the big ugly restrictive black box that sits on over the valve cover.
It'll make it louder, and you should feel a little more power.
As far as mpg's, I can't really say.

OK Guys, installing a K&N intake this week if the temp goes about 40 and dry.

I do have a Scan Gauge II that I can use to get some numbers. What should I try and measure pre then post install? Won't be as good as a dyno but might give some interesting numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts