Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my first review of Surf City Garage's new Professional Line.

I got my 3rd Pro Line order yesterday! Order some Exterior Trim Conditioner, APC and Tire Dressing!

Tonight I decided to give all of them a try but I decided to do a head to head comparison of Adam's Polish SVRT recommended product for Trim against Surf City Garage Exterior Trim Conditioner! Jump right into it.... Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner took home the Gold Medal by a long shot!

I started out by cleaning a section of window trim with APC. I applied Adam's Polish SVRT to the left side of the trim and then put down a piece of tape to separate the SCG ETC and then wiped them down to remove the excess... Both were applied with a MF Foam Core Applicator, both were applied with the same amount (Pea size drop) and same length of trim (10in).

Adam's Polish SVRT dried sort of blotchy or spotty and gave somewhat of a oily rainbow that showed up in the sun. Exterior Trim Conditioner on the other hand dried darker, shinier with a very smooth and solid look, usually to achieve these results with Adam's Polish SVRT I would have to do 2 or 3 applications of the product. Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner only too 1 pass and very little product to achieve the look I like. Also that same Pea Size drop lasted me for 2 entire window trim.

Left: Adam's Polish SVRT - Right: Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner

Pea size drop of Exterior Trim Conditioner on a MF Foam Core Applicator.

Conclusion:
Surf City Garage Professional Exterior Trim Conditioner is by far superior to its competitors. ETC gives a darker shine right off the bat and does not require multiple application to achieve your desired look. Also to achieve the desired look it takes far less product. I used a Pea Size drop on a MicroFiber Foam Core Applicator for 2 windows and thats all that was needed.

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
how about telling us who the "A" brands product is specifically?

It's not like the 355nation is surf city garage vendor specific to where we can't mention other products names. Let us know that SCG is better than this particular company or that particular company.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about telling us who the "A" brands product is specifically?

It's not like the 355nation is surf city garage vendor specific to where we can't mention other products names. Let us know that SCG is better than this particular company or that particular company.
Edited! Sorry used to being on Brand Nazi Forums.

·
Administrator
6,653 Posts
Edited! Sorry used to being on Brand Nazi Forums.
I haven't used Surf City Garage stuff but Dylan von Kleist formerly of Adams now is at SCG so you know you'll be getting quality products out of them.

Here are my Camaro trunk trim covers. You can see how nicely the one turned out with the use of Adams VRT:

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I like reviews....thanks for the comparison

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please delete this on Oct 31st 2014... SCG Has let go their Pro Line Development Employee and begun to heavily censor their forum. My account was suspended for asking what happened to the Pro Line and their Employee.

Be warned not to buy these products as they will not be backed by the company or have anyone to support questions regarding them.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Drama in the chemical world.........who knew :shrug:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Copied this from the other thread that I posted it in...

I got on the forum yesterday to ask him a question about a product and noticed his account had changed drastically. His profile picture was gone, signature gone and his name had a Guest prefix "Guest_Dylan...". So I hopped on Facebook and sent him a message that way. I don't like doing that because I hate when people message me about work on Facebook... He basically said he was let go yesterday and had no idea why or that it was even coming. I asked why on SCG Forum and my account got suspended.

Not sure if the Pro Line didn't sell as well as they thought it would in 6 months but they barely gave it a chance if you ask me. I have no idea what happened. I mean they didn't have Pro Polish until a month ago and its the end of the detailing season. Not to mention only 1 reseller had the chance to carry the products. The CEO didn't even give it a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts