Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently installed 3' blocks, and the ride is okay but i want a little better ride. besides going with a leaf, i'd like t go with new rear shocks. i may do the front at the same time, but what i'd like to know is what's the best shocks to go to for a better ride???

·
Registered
971 Posts
I can't help you on the rear cause I'm not sure what stock length shocks are good for these trucks since I have leaves. But the front doesn't have separate shocks. That big piece we installed the spring on are our shocks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okay. i'd just like to get some on the rear to help the ride a little, i like the ride but i think the shocks in the rear would help alot.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of options for shocks on these trucks. Nitro shocks have been around forever, I think DJM makes one, and Belltech just came out with these Street Performance shocks. Xtreme07 has them on his truck and said they're pretty good. I just ordered my set the other day.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know xtreme07 does and his ride pretty damn good, i didn't know if anybody else had something different. i'm just lookin for ideas right now. this'll be on down the road. i got a couple things i wanna do before this :naughty:

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
ive got Nitro Active drop shocks on my rear, they help a bit, but with out notching it you arent going to get THAT much better...

·
Registered
971 Posts
JHart- Hold off on the shocks. I'm thinking about getting the street performance shocks so if I do I'll sell you mine for cheap.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JHart- Hold off on the shocks. I'm thinking about getting the street performance shocks so if I do I'll sell you mine for cheap.
sell me what cola????? i'll have your full drop by the time we're done with this lol.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
but with out notching it you arent going to get THAT much better...
I agree with that as well.

Trying to fight axle slap is like having sex with Kobe Bryant, you can fight it all you want but it's..............it's gonna happen.....:lmao:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my slappin is mainly my exhaust for now. we left my bump stops on after teh drop b/c of the way my exhaust it set up. i'm thinin of runnin my exhaust differently then take off the bump stops and that should help alot.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh okay. i'll "steal" them from you.....for a price :355: lol. i'm buyin something else before i buy these though, you know what it is cola :)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think that takin the bump stops out will help alot but only after gettin the exhaust rerouted. the shocks help a lil but they are not needed when lowerin with the blocks...

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
i think that takin the bump stops out will help alot but only after gettin the exhaust rerouted. the shocks help a lil but they are not needed when lowerin with the blocks...
yes i agree with u on the bump stops. if u take the bump stops off. u will get about another inch of travle. its not as bad! just watch for big dips and road surface changes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts