Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of polished aluminum rims on my truck, and i washed it today and noticed there were spots all over the rims that didnt want to come off. i had the lift and wheels done out of town and have been back in san diego for a little over a week now. i live about 250 yards away from the ocean, could the salt in the air be messing up the wheels?

i noticed it more on the front than the rear, i used a LOT of polish on it and some of its coming off but not every thing, ill try some other stuff that i know works well, and hopefully it will work for this.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, i have no idea then, im going to try another type of polish tommorow and hopefully it will work better

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill see if i can snap some this week if i get off work early enough, its to dark to see it now

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
i beleive its rust. if it is good luck.

try mothers polish it will get almost anything off.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
dude aluminum does not rust.
talk to goleee33 and ask if rimwax would help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Salt from the ocean could very well be the culprit. The GM wheels have always been known for pitting. The reason why its more pronounced on the front is because of the brake dust. Eventhough it is kinda powdery it is still an abrasive and it will accellerate the corrosion.

·
Registered
839 Posts
ill see if i can snap some this week if i get off work early enough, its to dark to see it now
Damn dude if i would have remembered i would have thrown some rimwax on that to see if it could come out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts