Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it work on an 06. The kit says 04-05. The only real difference is the fuel return lines right.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I think it only works if you have it custom tuned, you can't use the FMU that comes in the kit so that's why they're saying it's 04-05 only. Will probably have to wait and see what some others have to say but if my memory serves me right that was the only reason.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
I don`t know if rk sport makes superchargers anymore for the I5`s mine is an 2007 but magnacharger is about to release one no idea what engine it`s for 3.5 or 3.7.......there website just say`s "coming soon"

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I think Magnacharger has had that on there website for over a year. :lol:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was looking around for hours last night and the RK supercharger isnt even on their website anymore i found it on another site. I found a vortech one but after more searching around it dissappeared. Also for the prices of them im almost positive i could do a motor swap for less. I hear people say its like 10k for a motor swap but thats bullshit unless they have a shop do all of it. Real mini trucks are made not bought remember.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I can buy an ls2 (new) for 6 grand. :shrug: Not that bad...Then I'd just have to buy the mounts, wiring...etc. so about 9 all said and done. MAX. oooooh. I want it soooo bad.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I thought the magnacharger for the IS was canceled last I heard and I dont think the RK one is available anymore since its not on their site

Z

·
0 Posts
i was looking around for hours last night and the RK supercharger isnt even on their website anymore i found it on another site. I found a vortech one but after more searching around it dissappeared. Also for the prices of them im almost positive i could do a motor swap for less. I hear people say its like 10k for a motor swap but thats bullshit unless they have a shop do all of it. Real mini trucks are made not bought remember.
But it would be made....by someone else. :high5:

I mean if you wanna say that, does that mean you paint your own body parts or powdercoat your own wheels?? or better yet, machine your own wheels? You certainly wouldnt want it to look like you "bought" something for your mini-truck instead of made it.

:naughty:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But it would be made....by someone else. :high5:

I mean if you wanna say that, does that mean you paint your own body parts or powdercoat your own wheels?? or better yet, machine your own wheels? You certainly wouldnt want it to look like you "bought" something for your mini-truck instead of made it.

:naughty:
my dad has a machine shop so i could do my own wheels. As for the paint and junk i dont have a paint booth and the garage seems kinda ghetto. Also i think your missing the point of modifying things so i'll leave it at that since i know how you get.

·
Registered
500 Posts
my dad has a machine shop so i could do my own wheels. As for the paint and junk i dont have a paint booth and the garage seems kinda ghetto. Also i think your missing the point of modifying things so i'll leave it at that since i know how you get.
you can make your own wheels?

Z

·
0 Posts
I competely get the point of modifying things, but IMO you cant piss and moan about someone paying to have a massive project(like a V8 swap) done.

Does that mean you dislike Lances truck because he had a shop do the work?? His truck was certainly bought and not built.

Installing your own rims and in channel vent visors is by no means "built"

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
The people that are hung up on bought not built need to get over it. If you're capable, and have the facilities and the tools to build your own vehicle then that's great and I applaud you for it. I do feel there is a certain sense of pride in saying you built something worth showing off with your own two hands. Some people just don't have the time, skills, space, or tools to do that though. Do what you feel is right for you and don't worry about how someone else got their vehicle the way it is. I would much rather see someone pay a shop to do something properly than to see them hack shit up and build an unsafe ride or start a badass project and not finish it because they didn't have the time to work on it.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I think it only works if you have it custom tuned, you can't use the FMU that comes in the kit so that's why they're saying it's 04-05 only. Will probably have to wait and see what some others have to say but if my memory serves me right that was the only reason.
You are correct, sir.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The people that are hung up on bought not built need to get over it. If you're capable, and have the facilities and the tools to build your own vehicle then that's great and I applaud you for it. I do feel there is a certain sense of pride in saying you built something worth showing off with your own two hands. Some people just don't have the time, skills, space, or tools to do that though. Do what you feel is right for you and don't worry about how someone else got their vehicle the way it is. I would much rather see someone pay a shop to do something properly than to see them hack shit up and build an unsafe ride or start a badass project and not finish it because they didn't have the time to work on it.
i agree totally with you. Im just saying thats its way easier to throw money at something then it is to do it yourself. Theres just a huge difference to me. I know for a fact im not capable to bag my truck the right way myself. So untill i learn i wont do it without someone that knows WTF they're doing. I guess my whole thing is that i really dont like anyone else to touch my vehicles but myself or very few trusted individuals.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Let me know when you want to put it on. I'd be more than happy to help turn some wrenches.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts