Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m not sure of the best place to post this so feel free to move it to wherever.
I had been searching for someone that makes Rock Rails / Sliders specifically for our trucks. I got in touch with Rocky Road Outfitters and found out that they had made one set for an Extended Cab Colorado but were not sure what trucks they would fit.
After much discussion and measuring between me and them we decided to have them build a set for my Z71 Crew Cab.
I received and installed them and I think they look great.
They seem like they would offer good protection. These things are very heavy.
Quality product and a great company to deal with.
They have them for sale on there website now. http://www.rocky-road.com/chevy-colorado-rock-sliders.html
The black truck in the pictures on there website is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
damm didnt sell kit for regular cab.. great company i buy last lift kit from this place for my last jeep patriot. great product

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Nice. How do they mount? Can you share pictures of the mounting?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I beat the hell out of mine and they work great plus I use them to jack just the T with a hi lift jack so no worries there if you want to. Also if you want to use them as steps get a 1" square of metal and place it between the fame and the slider if you want too.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Regular cabs just use mid 90s extended cab yota ones. That's what I got. I believe it's extended cab.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tacoma one? And you weld it or bolt gway?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Regular cabs just use mid 90s extended cab yota ones. That's what I got. I believe it's extended cab.
I think that you have TRAIL GEAR weld on sliders.
These are a new style of bolt on sliders made by Rocky Road Outfitters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to bump this old thread guys, but I just got my set of rocky road sliders in and I took a quick look today to see how they mount up, did you have to drill holes sonomaGT, or did they bolt right on?

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GregDAP already gave you the info on how they mount but as for mine,they lined up very well. I took mine off and resprayed them with Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating Spray.
I like them much better this way and I think they will be easy to touch up if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thanks guys, I went and got a quote on getting them linex'd but they wanted too much so I started sanding them a little today and i'm gonna spray them with that rustoleum truck bed liner stuff too, I'm worried someones gonna use them as a step and slip during the winter cause they seem like they'll be really slippery if they get wet and icy

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
For something that will take as much abuse as sliders, I would pony up for the Line-X. I don't know if a spray can liner that will hold up but MAYBE one of the roll on monster liner or similar may work.

You can get some off the price of you do all the prep work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I first installed mine I put grip tape on the top but it was hard on the legs. I like the look of the spray on liner better than the shiny powder coating also. I sprayed them a couple of months ago and it is holding up very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For something that will take as much abuse as sliders, I would pony up for the Line-X. I don't know if a spray can liner that will hold up but MAYBE one of the roll on monster liner or similar may work.

You can get some off the price of you do all the prep work.

I've had Line-X on quite a few of my trucks and I love it but I know from experience that if I did get the sliders done the surface still wouldn't hold up to the full weight of the truck scraping across a sharp rock or other obstacle and my ultimate goal is only to make them safer to be used as steps and not to really protect the slider with the coating so I figured this route was better, plus like sonoma said it will be easier to touch them up when they do get the scratched up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How do these bolt on? If they are. Wouldn't drilling the holes and bolting them put effort into collapsing the frame? Can I get some pictures please of how it bolts up and where.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts