Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no, it wouldn't look good

Votes: 14 51.9%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think a roll pan would look good on my truck? The rear bumper has been bugging me.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Dude you shoulda just bought a ZQ8 with all those "sport truck" mods your doing :kiki:

Seriously though i didn't really dig rollpans on lifteds but after seeing switxz's it looks pretty good. But if you truly are lifting for that 4x4 use then i don't see why you want a rollpan if your running the risk of messin up your body if you hit some trees or rocks.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
roll pans always look good. golee33 has a white truck lifted with a roll pan and it looks really good!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude you shoulda just bought a ZQ8 with all those "sport truck" mods your doing :kiki:

Seriously though i didn't really dig rollpans on lifteds but after seeing switxz's it looks pretty good. But if you truly are lifting for that 4x4 use then i don't see why you want a rollpan if your running the risk of messin up your body if you hit some trees or rocks.
I didn't think about damage. That would really suck backing into a tree

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
id say no, and also with it being lifted I could see acutally using the bumper for stepping into the bed and what not...

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I think you should leave the bumper. But if you wanna see what your truck will look like with a roll pan you can swing by my house and put the one I got sittin in the garage on your truck.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yea im def gonna have to say no to rollpans and lifted trucks, it kinda puts it over the top and hovers into mallcruiser territory since you can use the bumper to climb into the bed and yea what about it you back into a tree or something that you can't see cuz of that bigass hump on your tonneau? Thats kinda why i didn't dig that tonneau soo much.

Z

·
0 Posts
If you take it offroad then i say leave the bumper. You never know when you might have to backup on a tight trail....Rather use the bumper then the whole back end to let you know you've gone too far. lol

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I removed my hitch and stored it but it only takes 5 minutes to install if you need it
Actually if you get the Street Scene rollpan you can also get their hidden hitch that goes with the rollpan so the hitch hides behind the license plate. See Codered he's got one.

This also brings up another what if, what if you back up to your trailer and accidentally bump the rollpan and scratch the hell outtuv it?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I think you guys talked me out of it. I might do something custom then. I like the back bumper on my moms 05 Durango so I might try to get something like that to work.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
id say no, and also with it being lifted I could see acutally using the bumper for stepping into the bed and what not...
I agree

I think you should leave the bumper. But if you wanna see what your truck will look like with a roll pan you can swing by my house and put the one I got sittin in the garage on your truck.
you want to sell it:D

Yea im def gonna have to say no to rollpans and lifted trucks, it kinda puts it over the top and hovers into mallcruiser territory since you can use the bumper to climb into the bed and yea what about it you back into a tree or something that you can't see cuz of that bigass hump on your tonneau? Thats kinda why i didn't dig that tonneau soo much.
I agree again
If you take it offroad then i say leave the bumper. You never know when you might have to backup on a tight trail....Rather use the bumper then the whole back end to let you know you've gone too far. lol
WOW for once I agree with ya :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts