Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says....My back 2 corners of the sunroof are causing the roof sheet to pucker!! It looks awful because it looks like its dented down.....Anyone else with a sunroof chime in as to whether this is just a fact of having the OEM sunroof, or should this be taken up with the dealer?? Its dark right now or I'd have photos.....

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I don't have a sunroof on my truck but I do body work for a living. Alot of the sunroofs I see at work have that going on. Not all of them, but quite a few. I guess it's just stamp marks? It's a bitch when there's a dent to fix on roofs like that because people always expect those to be fixed even though the dent was towards the back of the roof...:dawg:

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Mine doesnt do that. Only problem i have with mine is when u drive over 80mph the damn thing shakes. Also youll notice if you slam your doors the roof vibrates lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope....nothing....thought it was odd, hadn't paid attention until I was looking down at an angle (ha, doesn't happen often....and no I'm not short)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do tell....I can't live without

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh fack...thats it? haha.....I thought it was something more "meaningful"........I went to a rollover once of an older chevy blazer, guy wasn't belted, came halfway out eh roof!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Mine doesnt do that. Only problem i have with mine is when u drive over 80mph the damn thing shakes. Also youll notice if you slam your doors the roof vibrates lol.

thats because your getting ready to go back to the future

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Could this be caused by a weak roof + driving with the sunroof open? Maybe the skin is missing a spot weld in that area? Strange problem for sure, but I'd think they'll take care of it for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats a good question.....because the sunroof pops up and slides back, it would have downforce applied on the highway....and its strictly the back edges that are depressed, so it could be a matter of just plain not enough structure.....ie: not my problem! Dealership here I come....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts