Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know there are tons of threads about this and I've done everything I can to fix it but still nothing.

I have a 2010 3.7L 4x4 with cranked Tb's and 31.5" BFG all terrains. Engine mods are ported throttle body, resonator delete with mid pipe, gutted cat, aftermarket air intake with cone filter and a tune. Just recently I changed the spark plugs (AC delco direct replacement) cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor with respectful cleaners, and changed the oil and I'm still getting a rough idle and averaging less than 200 miles per tank. I live in AZ so the weather has been 60's-70's

I just don't know what else to do :shrug: get another tune?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I don't know how many miles I get per tank because it's never run out of gas. But I usually gas up around 200 miles or so when the gas is getting low.

Is your odometer accurate due to the tune? I don't remember if you have a Z71, but if you do not, then your odometer is off unless you had it reprogrammed for tire size.

·
Registered
832 Posts
You may want to look into how Power Enrich is tuned. If it was tuned too aggressively it will kill your mileage.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's always been shitty but I thought adding all this especially the tune would improve something but nope it's still the same. I drive it like a normal person too lol and yes when I had it tuned, he calibrated the odometer for tire size

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dude, divide your gallons put in the tank by your miles driven on that fuel for your next 2-4 fill ups and then report back your ACTUAL mpg.

You don't even know what your mpg is and it might be decidely average.

That said, a 4x4 w/ almost 32" tires on it is going to get a combined 15-17 mpg in good running condition.

And those free flowing mods do nothing to improve mpg. At cruising speeds (when you are actually trying to get decent economy) the stock parts offer no restriction at all at those low air flow levels. You would probably have to measure towing mileage to see any real difference in economy for your mods.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't calculated in a while but it's usually 13-14

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If you're getting 13-14 I'd say you're about right on. Or close.

I get 15.4 (Ultragauge) around town. 31.7" tires. Z85. 1.5+/- lift.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Definitely get some supersparkz those really helped with my rough idol. Much smoother now. Mpg wise I get 285 miles a tank. 350 highway

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes I know there are tons of threads about this and I've done everything I can to fix it but still nothing.

I have a 2010 3.7L 4x4 with cranked Tb's and 31.5" BFG all terrains. Engine mods are ported throttle body, resonator delete with mid pipe, gutted cat, aftermarket air intake with cone filter and a tune. Just recently I changed the spark plugs (AC delco direct replacement) cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor with respectful cleaners, and changed the oil and I'm still getting a rough idle and averaging less than 200 miles per tank. I live in AZ so the weather has been 60's-70's

I just don't know what else to do :shrug: get another tune?
My 2006 Z71 2wd crew cab 3.5 auto gets 21.5 mpg. I only have 31k miles now too though. It idles real ruff when I got it because original owner didn't drive it enough.

It looks like I actually going to go up in mileage since the K&N CAI and Jakey Header and Borla muffler.
I calculate mine all the time by miles driven decided by gallons used starting by a reset at every fill up. Normal driving with an occasional foot to the floor to hear everything :D

I'm going to get a tune and PTB and super sparks and an eFan next when money allows:banghead:

I also live in Glendale, Az and they are using higher amounts of ethanol in winter months so that makes everything worse. Hopefully summer mileage will go up.
Just don't use that Crap Arco Am/Pm gas!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts