Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

So I'm having a bit of an idling issue. I've got an 06 3.5l 5speed Off-road package Canyon. Normally it idles fine, but for quite some time now, my idle wavers and runs rough when I'm coasting with the clutch in. I notice it most when I'm coming up to a complete stop when pulling out of gear to put it in neutral while I sit at the light or whatever it might be. As soon as I press the clutch pedal in and the clutch disengages (or while coasting in neutral), my revs will drop to around 450-500rpm, and then pulse back up to to 900-1000rpm before dropping back down to 450-500 rpm again. It will do this indefinitely until I either re-engage the clutch in gear or until the vehicle stops moving. Not under normal driving conditions, but to determine the symptoms, I could coast down a hill and have the truck struggle to find idle the whole way down, again, until I either give it gas, put it in gear, or stop the truck. No clue whats going on! It comes pretty close to stalling fairly often, but hasnt done it too often yet. My truck has also become a bit harder to start recently in the cold (long after this idle issue came up), it will fire pretty normally but then can sometimes take a bit of gas to keep it running for the first 5-10 seconds until it can hold its own. Not sure if thats related??

MAF has been cleaned and there was no difference before and after.
new spark plugs

Any help is very appreciated!!
Cheers

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would remove and clean the throttle body really good and check all vacuum lines for good tight fit and brittleness (not sure if that's actually a real word).
Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Ill try and give those a go.
Would an aftermarket exhaust affect it at all? and by exhaust I really just mean muffler, straight through glass pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts