Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
421 - 440 of 1216 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: RSHADD's Build Journal

Man, I have been waiting for someone to do this kit! I just got to have discs in the back. Rich, do you have to pull the rear axels to install the discs? How does the parking brake attach to the discs? Was wondering if you could post pics of the instruction sheets.

·
Super Moderator
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 · (Edited)

Man, I have been waiting for someone to do this kit! I just got to have discs in the back. Rich, do you have to pull the rear axels to install the discs? How does the parking brake attach to the discs? Was wondering if you could post pics of the instruction sheets.

Yes. It's necessary to pull the rear axels. I have the instructions in .pdf format, but they're to large to attach. If anyone wants them you'll have to PM me with your email address.

·
Premium Member
9,763 Posts

see now that what I didn't know if it was bolted on the inside or the outside. I was trying to figure it out but its gonna be a bitch to install because of the damned c-clips on the axle shafts

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,948 Posts

Looks awesome, rich! Cant wait to see it completed

·
Registered
416 Posts

what size are the rotors? i would assume about a 12" or 13"??

·
Registered
416 Posts

mmm sexy. im sure the price isnt tho haha. new brakes are going to look fantastic with the red. my favorite color on these trucks:thumbup: im kinda baised ha

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts

Nice! :cool:

I hope SSBC fixed the issues they had with fitment. We had a NorCal member that had a hell of a time dealing with them and obtaining the proper bolts. He ended up researching and buying the bolts himself. Be sure that your installer watches all the clearances and everything gets torqued down.

·
Super Moderator
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 · (Edited)

Nice! :cool:

I hope SSBC fixed the issues they had with fitment. We had a NorCal member that had a hell of a time dealing with them and obtaining the proper bolts. He ended up researching and buying the bolts himself. Be sure that your installer watches all the clearances and everything gets torqued down.
I hear ya. For the cost of this kit it should go in without any fuss. Unfortunately, that's not reality with custom work.

I'm aware that there's a problem with the rear caliper bracket clearing the rear ABS sensor on the '09+ models. A little work on the Bridgeport should remedy that issue. I'm not aware of any other issues with hardware.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts

Sounds good Rich

421 - 440 of 1216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.