Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1216 Posts

·
MTS Crew!
5,522 Posts
Re: RSHADD's Build Journal

I thought someone else had this problem.

Spraying the top mounts with some Lithium grease quieted things for a day or two but now it's squeaking again.
I had the same issue with the squeaking just like jdmalone if you did not get the black top stud mount you might have that problem. I had to order new top mounting plates for the struts because mine were slightly eaten through because of the rubbing of the gray/silver post.

I still have to fix somethings on it to make it perfect but its a hell of a lot better than it was.

I did go with a different top stud than jdmalone did I still got the one with the mushroom looking things below the bolt.

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts

if you look at naake's website it has 2 different top stud mount kits.

DO NOT BE FOOLED...THEY ARE IDENTICAL

SS-110-SDM (7001504) AND SS-112-SDM (7001752) ARE THE SAME. they are both meant for a coil over strut top kit.

only difference i saw was that the 112 was grey in color and the 110 was black. ???

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 · (Edited)

SS-110-SDM (7001504) AND SS-112-SDM (7001752) ARE THE SAME. they are both meant for a coil over strut top kit.

only difference i saw was that the 112 was grey in color and the 110 was black. ???
WRONG.... They are definitely NOT identical.

Supercharger is all you need now.
Warrenty expires in another 1000miles, so we'll see. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·

Why didnt you dynamat the outside door skins?
At the time I just dropped $3k on audio equipment and didn't want to spend any more.

I regret it now. I have a have some more dynomat on the shelf, might as well use it there.

Really wish that I had done the outer front door skins... I can hear a vibration near the door handle from outside the truck. Now that the doors inner door are seal it kinda of a hassle.

I should have done the entire cab, while I had the seats out. One of these days I may get around to it. Aside from the door handle it's rattle free.

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 · (Edited)

But I already have the SS-112-SDM. What am I missing here?

then i got the new shock extenders without that washer, i found that it was rubbing most of all there, i then cut the washers off, then just ordered new ones
So the black SS-110-SDM doesn't have washer? I confused since you say that they're identical except for the color.
Did you add your own washers then? Were the bushings shot too?

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts

no i was saying the black and grey 110 and 112 are identical they both have the washer

i believe it is the 100 that does not have the washer but im pretty sure it had a totally different part number. i went home and tried to find my receipt but i didnt see it, had limited time.

i will look later again. Just sent my qa1's back to Naake yesterday to be completely tested so Mike will be calling me in a few days if i cant find it ill ask him what the part number is.

bushings were fine and are still the originals.. i even used them with my stock struts. i didnt add any washer below the bushings you dont need that big one that is welded to the extender and that is where mine was rubbing on the spring adapter from Ron.

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts

Terry aka TWgriffin posted in my noise thread awhile back

"The non-coilover 4" top stud adapter is #9029-146"

and that is what i called and asked for

FYI i just checked and it is not listed on their price list but when i spoke to Jenny at Naake she knew exactly what i was talking about. if all else fails take my picture and send it to them and say this is what i want.

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 · (Edited)

Gotcha.. just got off the phone with Mike at Naake. (Great guy, BTW) He suggested applying a thin coat of grease on the bushings.

He also told me that he's heard of issue when the shocks are turned all the way clockwise on the highest setting (which mine are). When cranked up really high the oil start to cavitate and might a funky noise that kinda sound like a squeak. He recomended running the fronts on 6 and the rears on 4 for the best ride.

I also ask him about the difference between the 110 & the 112 and he said the 110 was a little shorter, but more importantly the threads extend fruther down the shaft.

I told him that my truck seems to bounce all over the place and that the ride is awful. He asked about how much gap there was between the coils. I got to check this and get back to him. I question why I went with the 525# spring, since he usually tells colorado owners to go with the 500# spring. I explained that I bumped up one rate because the V8 weighs about 100 more than the I5 and he tought that made good sense.

My bumpy ride is likey the result of riding the bumps stops. Mike says that I may have to raise it up an inch to resolve that. While I really don't want to raise it up, (cause I like how it sits) but this ride is just plain awful right now.

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts

you know thats exactly why i went back to stock b/c the ride was just plain awful and i still have the qa1's on the rear and now the only vibration i feel is from the rear. so its either a u joint which are all relatively new or suspension issue.

im still looking for stock rear shocks to put back in as well.

i was thinking about going to belltech's coilover set up but they arent gas charged either which is supposed to help with the ride quality.

ill definitely be watching to see how it goes for you.

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 · (Edited)

Mike at Naake is sending me the SS-110-SDM kit. Mike says the 110 is about 1/2" shorther then the 112 kit. The 112 kit is typically used when the stock bushing & QA1 bushings are stacked together.

He's send me the SS-110-SDM kit out on Monday.

I also ordered a pair of front spring insulators (#11) (GM part #15910127), since I suspect that the hole is now oblong from wear due to not being able to tighten down the SS-112-SDM kit properally.

Granted could add a bunch of washers to the SS-112-SDM kit would be OK. The SS-110-SDK kit just seems like a better choice.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts

Hey man, I just wanted to say congrats on creating such an amazing truck. I have studied this entire thread. (which takes a while. lol) All I can say is "job well done" :thumbup:

ps, maybe when you get time, you could take a couple of pics of your truck. lol, I'm just kidding. Beautiful ride brother.

·
Super Moderator
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #538 ·

Do you really wash your truck in the garage?
Hell yeah! It's cold outside. When I built the garage back in 2003, one of my objectives was to have enough room to be able to wash inside. The epoxy floor is slope slighty for drainage.

·
Boosted V8
1,735 Posts

you know thats exactly why i went back to stock b/c the ride was just plain awful and i still have the qa1's on the rear and now the only vibration i feel is from the rear. so its either a u joint which are all relatively new or suspension issue.

thank you.... I feel the same way. I absolutely hate my qa1s I think there a step back from stock suspension

521 - 540 of 1216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.