Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1201 - 1211 of 1211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,205 (Edited)
chadlen75 said:
do you have any pics showing how you wired your led strip to the dome light?

Sure do!

First off, the wiring harness for the dome light runs up the drivers side A-pillar, runs across the top to the windshield and then runs to the dome light. I didn't want to mess the the airbags in the a-pillar so I played it safe and access the wiring at the dome light. I think it was easier than working upside down under the dash too.

Start by removing the dome light for the headliner. Disconnect the connector from the dome light. There will be three wires for the 2009+ dome light. Orange (12v+), White (Switched) and Black (12v-).

Tap into the ORANGE (12v constant) and WHITE (Switched Neg) wires with Quick Splice Connectors with Male Disconnectors.

I used a stiff wire to push a two-conductor zip wire from the dome light hole in the headliner to the top latch for my third drivers side door.

Then I ran that wire down the rear door jam behind the moldings.

Next I ran the wire under the driver's door sill and behind the drivers side kick panel.

Finally connect the wires to your LED strip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I messaged . you again... didn't see where you had sent this message.
What gauge of wire and color of wire did you use to connect the led strips to the dome light.
Also, I have Alpena max light strips. They are two separate light strips. Each one has a neg and pos wire. Should I wire them two together first?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
For some reason Rich the 60,000 caught me off guard.

1201 - 1211 of 1211 Posts