45,275 Posts
Re: RSHADD's Build Journal

Great pics Rich!

So when are you going to get LED taillights :naughty:

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts

I love old railroad artifacts. Who owned the tracking rights on that bridge?
Old Pennsylvania Railroad?
New York Central?
The Erie?
Reading?
Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad?
Nickel Plate Road?

Nice pix btw :D

·
Super Moderator
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)

I pick up a used TBSS engine cover from a guy on the TBSS Owners forum recently.

I did a quick test fitting this evening and I confident that it's going to work with a little bit of modding. I still need to pick up the mounting hardware, but the hood closes OK and that was my major concern. I'm still not sure if it's gonna rub or not yet.

I don't think it's going to need much trimming either, it fits pretty damn good just the way it is.

Here's a couple of pics...

All the mounting locations are already on the intake.

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts

Get some cheap clay at the dollar store and place some all around the cover and close the hood.

The smashed clay will tell you how much clearance, if any, between the cover and the bottom of the hood.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

hope it fits with out rubbing the hood. my stock intake tube touched the hood insulator, i know this because there was a mark on the hood insulator from the rubbing.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts

see, i figure they didnt have a cover on the engine for a reason.

either way, i wish you luck and hope it works. that cover looks really nice and probably protects alot of shit that needs it.

in4tehnfo.

also, i love this thread rich. youre doing a hell of a job with the details and pics. saves me asking so many questions. :kiki:

121 - 140 of 1216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.