Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off, it's an 05 Z71 Crew cab, 4WD, 5 cylinder/ auto trans, 105,000. All stock.

I had new brakes done all around about a month ago, has drums/discs. I normally run the truck with all the windows down, and most of my driving is under 55 mph. Yesterday I had to make a trip, so windows up and 70mph.

Above 50 mph I'm getting a rumbling noise/vibration. Faster you go worse it gets.
Does not change if turning left or right like a bad wheel bearing. Will at times drop off if you decelerate, sometimes it doesn't. I crawled under the truck checking for a bad u-joint or CV axle, nothing obvious. I have not pulled the wheels yet, but not getting any smell like if I had a brake hanging up on it. Only thing I spotted was a slight amount of play in the bearing where the left front axle goes into the diff, compared to the right side.

If sounds/feels like running over worn rumble strips, can feel it in the steering and the body of the truck. Like said this could be new or old and I just now am noticing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Could be several things. Check Ball joints, check the tires for abnormalities, check the hubs, check tire wear for alignment issues, check the fluid in the Front diff, and check the balance on the tires. I am sure there are others with even more ideas, just brainstorming here, things I have seen or experienced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts