Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a few trucks on here with fox shocks, mainly the pre runner guys. How are you mounting them up? i haven't seen any shocks from fox, king or sway away that would mount up like the stock ones do

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, forgot they made that....wonder if it would work for emulsion shocks too of us t-bar guys...I wouldn't mind a better ride. I know rangers really benefit from it so why not lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
That adapter won't work. It replaces the strut, and being you have t bars you don't have struts. Welding in new shock tabs would be pretty difficult with the upper control arm mounts all in one. (I think, don't remember all that IFS garbage) On a side note, I'm running fox emulsion shocks in the rear, I'm very pleased with them!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't see why it wouldn't work, its mounting to the same place, the reason we can't run coils on the t-bar trucks is due to the tight packaging with the c v axles, but if its just the shock i don't see why it wouldn't

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
We don't have "strut buckets"? I think that's what their called, that's where that adapter bolts in. 3 bolts in think. 2wd and 4wd are more different than just no front diff.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok yeah i see...i guess ill need something like this

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't have the time, money or know how to do SAS lol I'm not looking into huge lifts...im only 5'3" lol just want a better ride on and off road

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
don't have the time, money or know how to do SAS lol I'm not looking into huge lifts...im only 5'3" lol just want a better ride on and off road

Same here which is why I wanted to do the mid travel set up. I don't really do any trail riding just some rough country roads about once per week but am slightly tired of the rough stock ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That adapter won't work. It replaces the strut, and being you have t bars you don't have struts. Welding in new shock tabs would be pretty difficult with the upper control arm mounts all in one. (I think, don't remember all that IFS garbage) On a side note, I'm running fox emulsion shocks in the rear, I'm very pleased with them!
did you have to get an adaptor for the rear?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made custom upper shock tabs, but I'm 99% positive that it would bolt in there, it does work with lower mount, with spacers that is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
next time you get a chance, think you could post a picture of your rear setup? Im not sure when ill be upgrading but would like to know what it takes

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
should be able to under the advance post. looks good to me, just gotta keep saying them pennies lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I originally orderd blistens, but 4wheel parts didn't tell me until I called asking, that they were on back order till October, upgraded me to fox for the same price.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can't argue with that

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm running the coil adapter form SnD and FOA coil overs with Eibach springs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts