1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
you could probably call belltech and tell them you just want the struts from the kit
or if someone orders the drop, see if they have a part number on them.. see if they can be looked up (figured eventually they will have to sell replacements seeing as the shocks/struts dont last forever)

or are you talking about getting coilovers for different application that seemingly only come in kits?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh.
I haven't seen any coilovers set to fit these trucks as of yet. Figure it's a matter of time before someone individually or a company does the homework and figure out which ones can be used. Coil overs would be nice. Those struts in the Belltech kit shouldn't be to bad, I got some on my 05 crew cab. Obviously I don't think they are same ones.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm confused. Thmotorsports shows that this kit will work with the long bed trucks. Belltech and other retailers show short bed only. I wonder who is right. I'll email Belltech and see.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got the response from Belltech ...

Hello WDEagle,

Thank you for contacting Belltech. The requested information is below.

1. Will this kit work to lower my 2016 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Long Bed?
Physically yes it will lower but as the footnote said it is for short beds.

2. If not, why doesn't it work?
The development was only done around the short bed model, no testing was done on long beds. Historically we have seen different pinion/driveline angles between short and long beds. The end result on a long bed is usually driveline vibration. We cannot guarantee results on the long bed model as we don’t have the technical data for the end result on it.

3. If not, when do you expect to have a long bed version available?
We do not expect to have development on a long bed as we have never developed for the in the past. Truly I cannot say that is for sure because I am not that decision maker here at Belltech. However from communication within our organization there are no plans for it at this time. Our apologies for any inconvenience and we appreciate your inquiry.

Respectfully,

Agustin Gomez
Technical Advisor

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I emailed belltech and djm and neither of them seem have much interest in offering to many options for dropping new bodystyle. So seems this drop is best option as of now and near future.
Just a side note, the kit was originally said to not work with the diesel trucks either, but after a few guys tested it, the only difference is the front of diesel isn't raked down as far as gas burner stock, so the front sits 1/2" or so higher then gas trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm confused. Thmotorsports shows that this kit will work with the long bed trucks. Belltech and other retailers show short bed only. I wonder who is right. I'll email Belltech and see.
Send THMOTORSPORTS am email, they may have installed one or 2 and confirmed they work problem free

1 - 15 of 15 Posts