Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, so I don't know if this has already been out there. I have a 2010 Z71 Colorado Crew Cab. I have seen some info suggesting that the Z71 has different shocks than other Colorados. Can anyone verify whether or not this is true. I need to replace all 4 of mine and most of the people at my local parts stores are clueless.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
go online, ebay or whatever and just get some Ranchos 5000 shocks for like $100 all four and call it a day, if all you want is a good replacement shock for your worn out stock ones, they will be a decent upgrade as well.

and as far as i Know, all 4wd / 2wd Torsion Bar models (Z85, Z71) will use the same shocks.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What are you trying to do? You have a Z71, why not just purchase the OEM Z71 replacement part? I mean if your parts store has Brand X that is the correct part number...why not purchase it?

You haven't given additional information about what you are trying to do with your shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my local Chevy dealer. The rear shocks have a different part number between the regular 4x4 and the Z71. I went to Advance Auto and compared one of my oe rears with what they showed as the replacement. Mounted exactly the same. I went with the Monroe Reflex light truck shocks front and rear. I had sensa-tracs on my old S10 Blazer and the Monroes ride great. Cost about $220.00 total. Chevy oe rears were $104.00 each!! And the oe fronts were $98.00 each!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts