Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
BTW...I bought one of those Trail-Gear pitman arms off ebay yesterday. Since nobody could tell me for sure if that Toyota Pitman arm will fit a Nissan box...I donated the $80 to get one in my hands and find out for sure. I've heard rumors that you have to grind-out the (4) master splines, and then it will fit. Even Trail-Gear couldn't tell me for sure. Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge and find out for sure.

I also scored me another Xterra box & pitman so I can be working on the ram assist without tearing my rig apart. I'll post up what I find out on the Nissota Pitman Arm.

·
Haters gonna hate
6,576 Posts
BTW...I bought one of those Trail-Gear pitman arms off ebay yesterday. Since nobody could tell me for sure if that Toyota Pitman arm will fit a Nissan box...I donated the $80 to get one in my hands and find out for sure. I've heard rumors that you have to grind-out the (4) master splines, and then it will fit. Even Trail-Gear couldn't tell me for sure. Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge and find out for sure.

I also scored me another Xterra box & pitman so I can be working on the ram assist without tearing my rig apart. I'll post up what I find out on the Nissota Pitman Arm.
I read that too one time doing some research.:backtotopic:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Hey guys,

Got an email that someone had posted a link back to this thread so was looking it over again and saw the discussion about my long absence. Thanks for being my advocate Kevin. Yes, it has been a long time since I've been on, and a long time since I've made much progress on the truck as well. Couple of things happened. Kind of lost my drive for the project back in the early summer. Then in mid-July my wife was hospitalized and had emergency surgery to remove a massive tumor from her colon. It had caused an abscess around her spleen and it had a couple of really infected areas so they ended up taking it and just the tip of her pancreas too. All that extra mass had put so much upward pressure on her diaphragm that her left lung was 1/3 collapsed and the tumor had perforated the wall of the colon so she was just beginning to go septic. Bottom line is she spent 21 days in the hospital and we just about lost her. So needless to say, I've had other things on my mind, and other things to do. I do still have the Colly, and it is still a work in progress. Haven't forgotten you guys and ill be back on it and on here eventually. Just be patient with me, ok? :)

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
take care, sir. thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
:yeahthat: Family is first and foremost. Thoughts and prayers for you!

221 - 240 of 251 Posts