Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Has anyone here had issues with scammers PMing you with parts they have, that you posted you were looking for here? I think I have had at least 1 maybe more. I am pretty new here, but have done business for years on ls1tech, as well as many other forums. General rule of thumb for me has always been: Paypal for goods and service and I always pay the fee. If someone doesn't want to do that, I think its probably a scam. IF I am looking at this the wrong way, please let me know. Otherwise, just trying to give everyone the heads up...

·
Premium Member
3,473 Posts
Not sure what the issue is that you are warning about. Is it the payment method or the fact that someone is contacting you about a post you made? If it is the payment method, not everyone in the world is signed up for Paypal, (or Facebook or Twitter), for that mater. If Paypal is a required payment for you, either convey that to the contact or ignore the message. If I want/need an item and the seller wants a credit card number I will check out the seller as much as possible, but in the end will most likely submit it. The company that issues my credit card has an excellent 'charge dispute' mechanism and I have found it to be as good as Paypals.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I have had several people on here attempt to scam me in this manner. It's always a friend/brother/cousin who just happens to have what you are looking for. You just need to email them at......
Had another one that I thought was legit, said he was in West Virginia. When he changed the PayPal account he wanted me to use at the last minute alarms bells went off. When PayPal told me that foreign tax would be withheld (I didn't realize West Virginia was a foreign country) the big red flag went up and I bailed. I used to be able to trust members on here but much of the Old Guard is gone.
Be careful, I have a motorcycle advertised on Craigslist right now and with one exception everyone who has contacted me was a scammer. Anyone who wants to buy my motorcycle will have to deal face-to-face with cash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts