Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the code they used off of the list of command codes that worked? I got a good deal on a Scangauge2 with extra cable and blend mount. However, the firmware needs to be updated. I am checki g to make sure I even need to update it to begine with...

if someone uses this unit and has transmission fluid temp reading, please let me know what code hou are using. I am going off of the CANSF protocol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Scangauge2 X-gauge Command Trans. Temp.

Does anyone have the code they used off of the list of command codes that worked? I got a good deal on a Scangauge2 with extra cable and blend mount. However, the firmware needs to be updated. I am checki g to make sure I even need to update it to begine with...

if someone uses this unit and has transmission fluid temp reading, please let me know what code hou are using. I am going off of the CANSF protocol.

Thanks!
Use the code for the Allison trans, that's what I did and it worked

·
Registered
424 Posts

Yep, use Allison tranny code.....worked for me as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Thanks guys, I figured that out after doing some more digging. Found it posted in the i4/i5 engine and drive train section.

What other X-gauge commands has anyone gotten to work? Looking for A/F ratio, maybe fixing the Throttle Position Sensor from starting at a base of 18 instead of the 0 it should display when not on the throttle, maybe pull oil life if we can.

Any other command that someone has gotten to work. I havent had the time to sit down and try to figure out what else I can get to work. Would like to maybe make a sticky worthy post in the end for reference for anyone else in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts

Thanks guys, I figured that out after doing some more digging. Found it posted in the i4/i5 engine and drive train section.

What other X-gauge commands has anyone gotten to work? Looking for A/F ratio, maybe fixing the Throttle Position Sensor from starting at a base of 18 instead of the 0 it should display when not on the throttle, maybe pull oil life if we can.

Any other command that someone has gotten to work. I havent had the time to sit down and try to figure out what else I can get to work. Would like to maybe make a sticky worthy post in the end for reference for anyone else in the future.
I've gotten oil life to work as well as trans temp and air fuel ratio. What you mean about you tps sensor? While running it won't be at 0 because the motor is running and will have some throttle. I can look at mine tomorrow to see what my base is if you'd like.

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What code did you use for oil life and a/f?

I must have misunderstood the tps then. I took it for the percentage of input from the operator at the pedal. If hours says 18, then I will ignore it. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts

What code did you use for oil life and a/f?

I must have misunderstood the tps then. I took it for the percentage of input from the operator at the pedal. If hours says 18, then I will ignore it. Lol
I'll have to look them up on my computer tomorrow. I'm on the cell now but I'll let you know for sure. It's measured of the Throttle Actuator Control motor located on the butterfly on the throttle body. 18% sounds reasonable for idle. I'll check mine just for the hell of it tomorrow for you. :salute:

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Yea, mine is always between 18 and 21 at idle from what I am seeing. I have been doing a lot of reading on OBDII PIDs and GM has something like 800+ different PIDS. There is a Relative Throttle Position in there. Just dont know how to have the Scangauge2 ask for it....

Did you get a chance to get the A/F and Oil Life codes off your computer?

Also, I havent been able to find the actual OBDII PID codes thenselves. From what I understand, there is a license fee associated with receiving access to those codes from GM and companies that offer the higher end programmers with full control capability of the computer have paid for the access to those PID codes. So it would have to be something that is backwards engineered like what Hypertuners does. But that means never being able to figure out all of the GM PID codes that are associated with the 355.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

There are other PIDs I want to pull that are not on that list. In the end I would like to see if I can build a decent list of Scangauge2 codes that will pull more PID info than what is on that list. I also want to ensure that it is 355 specific.

Even within that list the codes are hit or miss with regards to the 355. I need to call them to ensure I am going about this in the proper manner. Maybe they can give me a breakdown of their coding so I can use it on various GM PID codes as I find out what they are. If that is in fact how the systems function.

·
Registered
125 Posts

yeah i know, i tried to do the oil life code and got nothing

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts

What protocol are you using? I was using the VPW protocol on my 05 and used: (copy and pasted from the website)

Air to Fuel Ratio 6C10F122119E(01), 04628511069E , 3008, 000100010000, AFR

Remaining Oil Life, 6C10F122119F(01), 04628511069F, 3008, 00C800330000, OLF

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts

Im using CANSF. The codes will be helpful for others though. I will play with the ones for CANSF tomorrow and see if I can get something working.
Oh ok yea just give it a shot and see what you come up with. Mine were the VPW commands and I tried the oil life, knock retard (doesn't work), tranny fluid, and a/f ratio. A/f ratio is kinda useless from what I had seen stock. The ratio ALWAYS stays 14.7:1, tuned now I'll see mine drop to like 10-12:1 at the richest

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

So far, this is what I have working for CANSF protocol... Oil Life and Engine Torque eludes me and that pisses me off... lol

I'm wasting a lot of gas sitting in the driveway at idle. Wouldn't trade the V8 for anything though.

Alt A/F Ratio 07DF0144 044145440000 2808 05B900800000 A/F
Fuel Level 07DF012F 0441052F0000 2808 006400FF0000 FLV

1 - 20 of 63 Posts