Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the thread but I would like to know which lift is best for me. My ultimate goal is a pre-runner. I hear the CST is good for highspeed sand and desert. I hope it can take air well, as with any lift I get dirt logics are planned or even valved king shocks with 2 at each corner. I'm not set on CST as I have a crew cab and only find for ext-cab. I can fab and weld so it should be no problem. But any help or any ideas?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
the cst lift will fit the crew cab no problem. i have seen some viedos of a guy getting air with his out at ppismo beach and it seemed to take it well!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Do you have 2WD or 4WD?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the SJ or the Fabtech take the abuse? Like I said I'm not set on the CST but the extra inch goes along way when your airborne. There will be no torsion cranking or BL as I will need all the travel I need and I don't like the idea of pucks between steel and sheetmetal on harsh landings.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An inch is good, but if the Fabtech or SJ can take the abuse they can take it. I just hear stories of how well the CST kit does.

I wish RockCrawler made the kit that they do for full sizes for our trucks. I would love coils all the way around....makes me wanna drool!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody know how the Rancho kit is? We sell those at my work so I can get a sweet deal on their kit.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i heard rancho sucks at lift kits.. but its just hear say

·
Registered
839 Posts
if you have 4wd your limited to the CST (big bucks for another inch), Rancho, Skyjacker, and tuff country. I think thats all of them? the fabtech will not work as it is only for the 2wd Z85 coilover trucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I'm most likely just gunna go Skyjacker I can get it through my work at cost. I would go CST but none of our vendors carry it and I'm not paying retail for it cuz it is costly.

As for the SJ lift I will be going with the system (new leaf pack) what upgrades does SJ carry? Can I get dual shocks for should I just make it myself? If wanted can I run coilovers with their kit? And it says run a 285, I will be going tubed bumpers so if I go bigger than 285, does it normally rub the front bumber or the flare on the back side? I really wanna run some 295's or 305's on this thing.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have the CST lift and i have 265's on there right now. The part that rubs on the bigger tires is the frame back by where the stock jack is supposed to be positioned. And also it depends on the backspacing of your rim. I'm personally going to go go with 295/75/16 nitto's on my truck after i go up another 3 inches with coils.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
what back spacing is required if u lift ur truck. i'm gonna buy rims this weekend.. and the lift next month. don't wanna buy 2 sets of rims bc one doesn't fit. i'm prob gonna go with 285/60/18 tire.. which is a 32.5x10.5. i think

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have a 4.5 inch backspacing on my rims which are 16x8's so im not entirely sure on what each manufacturer requires but i would assume its the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey bro, well you asked and nmow iM here to school you, im new to this site. Any way CST all the way..you can go Fabtech if you want but they only make a 3'' suspension and body lift..I used CST 5'' suspension and a 3'' Fabtech body lift..the truck looks sick and its the highest you can go on a colorado..And pre-runner is sick..thats the next thing I will do on mine is flare the fenders and get a pre-runner bar...pre-runner is sick bro good choice if you decide to go that route...sky jacker is good, but they only make a 4'' lift for Colo's...There are alot of suspension co's out there but by far CST is the best for Colo's...I love mine and its smooth baby smooth..if you have any more questions hit me up bro i will lay it down for ya..check mine out you will see what i mean..happy hunting laters dude!!!:mav:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We just had a Rancho rep come in to our shop today and it is advertised 4 inch but its really almost 6. Just to state that.

And 8 inches is not as high as you can go. I'm doing 11 inches and 35's, and hats without custom suspension :econo:

·
Registered
893 Posts
We just had a Rancho rep come in to our shop today and it is advertised 4 inch but its really almost 6. Just to state that.

And 8 inches is not as high as you can go. I'm doing 11 inches and 35's, and hats without custom suspension :econo:
So not trying to split any hairs here but it would seem that you have all the answers that you need..........

·
Registered
342 Posts

I would like some info on that, other than just I'm doing 11 inches

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So not trying to split any hairs here but it would seem that you have all the answers that you need..........
I figured out everything I needed to after I posted this.

But I would like to thank that people who had info. for this matter!

I would like some info on that, other than just I'm doing 11 inches
As for this...not yet. I wanna make sure this works first, because I know people will follow just to have a big truck. I'm the guinea pig with a experiment with the rep guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts