Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Random Chat [III]

no... the rear passenger side. its about a 6in mark... some fucker was parked hella bad and i was running into the store real quick and got a little close to the curb.... i am so pissed off.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

no.. it was my fault... i shoulda just parked in the back like usual.

It makes me want to sell these and buy some new ones haha

Im so upset. i dont know what to do...

Ill go take a pic real quick...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

If it's not too bad you might be able to have it repaired.

P

·
0 Posts

Ouch!!!!!!! You'll need to take some sleepy pills tonight, cuz u aint gonna sleep, youll be beating yourself up all night.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

That's not THAT bad of curb rash. Find a competent wheel repair shop in your area man, they should be able to take care of that no problem.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

Oh snap. Is the chrome clear coated? If not I would wetsand thats shit out and repolish the lip. Looks fixable to me. I would think you could get 90% of the sctaches out and it would be no where near as noticeable.

edit Im a dumb ass. there chrome not polished alum. sorry Im dumb its late

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Oh snap. Is the chrome clear coated? If not I would wetsand thats shit out and repolish the lip. Looks fixable to me. I would think you could get 90% of the sctaches out and it would be no where near as noticeable.

edit Im a dumb ass. there chrome not polished alum. sorry Im dumb its late
im not sure about the clear coat... is there a way to tell (sorry if thats a stupid question)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

Are you sure that lip is chrome and not just polished? I thought that most painted center wheels had a polished lip, not chrome. :shrug:

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

now that I look at it again it looks like polished alum to me. Chrome would want to flake off after it was scratched like that. Some times they clear polished alum wheels so that the finish last longer. Im thinking you could wet sand it out.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts

Get some farther away shots of the damage and we might be able to help you out more, looks like clear to me. You might be able to sand it out and reclear it.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

If it is cleared you will have to strip the clear off the whole lip, wet sand the scratch out, reclear it or just rock it with out the clear. If you choose to get it cleared again I would let someone shoot it will really good automotive clear dont use the shit in a spray can or you will regret it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts