Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about polishing a windshield? My windshield has scuff marks from the wiper blades. I have heard that auto detailers use steel wool. does anyone know if this can be a diy project?

·
Registered
120 Posts
steel wool? never heard that before that doesnt sound good...my wifes old car had scuffs in the glass and it drove me nuts! she never noticed it...of course

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
I've heard the grade #0000 steel wool works on glass, but anything more coarse will scratch. I tried a little in the corner of one rear window, but didn't do much with very light pressure. It seemed to help remove the "water spots" and I didn't notice any damage from it. I haven't really had time to give a better test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I trying to not replace the windshield. the truck was like that when I bought it but did not notice at first. Maybe I'll call an auto detailer and hope its cheaper than replacing it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't know about the windshield kit but I detail cars for a living and some of the guys I work with will use steel wool (super fine grit) to remove bugs and water/overspray spots. Personally I just use a razor blade cause it works faster and with less effort for bugs and I dry the windows before the water can dry so I don't really get water spots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts