Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Custom User Title
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my 2009 Colorado has nice leather bucket seats but they just aren't that comfortable

So which is best... try and transplant some bucket seats from some other GM vehicle like say a Silverado?

OR, try to find an upholstery shop that knows how to do good work and see if they can reshape the seat itself and recover it?

I've seen how on those car shows (Motortrend channel) where they shape the cushion how they want it and make a seat cover to fit, which may be easier so the original seat frame is retained and will bolt right back in easily.

I also have a 2013 Silverado (daily driver) and the bucket seats in this truck are more comfortable than the ones in my Colorado... I like how the sides on the lower part of the seat and the back are higher rather than the Colorado seat which is pretty flat in these areas

Think Silverado seats could be adapted to the Colorado seat tracks? I guess I could go the redneck engineering route with that

Just curious what others would consider doing...

·
Custom User Title
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I'm kinda leaning towards that and have found a couple of shops in my area that do automotive upholstery that have good reviews online.

I just hope those are not meaningless paid for bot reviews and these guys do good work.

If it works out, I may go by some lottery tickets :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts