Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Originally, my truck came with the stupid non-reclining 60/40 split bench, sans armrest. I purchased a 60/40 reclining bench with an armrest awhile back and have been really happy with it. The only thing I dislike, however, is the fact that the seat doesn't lean forward...because it's out of an extended cab. This has caused me quite a bit of grief lately, especially with my new box I built and putting it in/pulling it out. Is there any modification that can be made to a set of extended cab seats to make them lean forward?

I'm thinking I'm pretty much screwed here...:mc2:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
you would probly have to by the mechanism for the type u want from the dealer and put it in problem is u have to take the upholstery off the seats to do it. lots of work so maybe SOL

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Ok. Originally, my truck came with the stupid non-reclining 60/40 split bench, sans armrest. I purchased a 60/40 reclining bench with an armrest awhile back and have been really happy with it. The only thing I dislike, however, is the fact that the seat doesn't lean forward...because it's out of an extended cab. This has caused me quite a bit of grief lately, especially with my new box I built and putting it in/pulling it out. Is there any modification that can be made to a set of extended cab seats to make them lean forward?

I did the same thing, but I think both of my seats can fold forward. Do the crew cab front seats both fold forward? Maybe I'm tripping and the passenger seat doesn't fold forward... man I'm tired lol :ugh:

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts

Proper screwed?? :)

Wish I could help, but I own teh bukketts and they are cool! Now I gotta get my hands on some H3s to be the coolest.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I tore apart the stock seats and took the back off one of the new seats and there is no way to adapt the folding mechanism to the reclining seats. sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts

Oldman here... in my 04 canyon ext cab both seats fold foward .the seat has a lever and a knob for adj the back support. 60/40 with the folding arm rest...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
MC obviously I am guessing the previous bench non reclining 60/40 atleast leaned forward? If so why not tear it apart and find out what causes it to lean forward...

EDIT: nevermind...should read responses before posting...:doh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...I have bucket seats out of an x-cab and my driver's seat folds forward, but the passenger seat doesn't..............

Is yours the same or do both not fold forward?
Nope...maybe the junkyard lied to me and they came out of a quad cab. :disgust:

I'm in the same situation. I tore apart the stock seats and took the back off one of the new seats and there is no way to adapt the folding mechanism to the reclining seats. sorry.
Gheyyyyy...well, at least you tried, thanks. :)

MC obviously I am guessing the previous bench non reclining 60/40 atleast leaned forward? If so why not tear it apart and find out what causes it to lean forward...

EDIT: nevermind...should read responses before posting...:doh:
:kiki:

I "donated" it to Shady...who promptly demolished half of it and used the rest for his truck.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
hummm i dunno i got a crew cab and it`s got power seats it does everything i didn`t think that cab config would matter...............

·
Registered
466 Posts
My crew seats 60/40 w/armrest fold forward on my '08

·
Registered
466 Posts
i'll take a pic when i get off work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A) These aren't power.
B) They're not leather.

:shrug:

The only adjustment they have is lumbar, I dunno if that makes any difference though...and, if yours fold forward, :fugrin:

Ship 'em over here. :kiki:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts